No announcement yet.

The 2012 MotoGP Season is upon us!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And some Bozo managed to delete it off his PVRGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
    Yes before I watched itDouble GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post

They've also introduced a softer control tyre which warms up quickly but goes "off" towards the end of the race to make it more exciting (and they do) .

Hope this explains things a bit .

Don't worry about it all to much , just enjoy the "awesome" .

This year should be a cracker . The first race(s) were .

Cheers , Simon .
      Thanks for the nice rundown! How does that tire thing affect safety? Do they find racers employing more strategy or are they taking bigger risks? Did they limit the number of tires that may be used during a race or a season?
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Well Simon, at least I know what you have been doing with your spare time lately.
        "Just Ducky, Thanks!"

Where I've ridden.

Comment

Originally posted by RageZro View Post
          Well Simon, at least I know what you have been doing with your spare time lately.
          Hey Jim .
          I've been having chronic withdrawals .......... but I'm alright nowwwwwwww .

Allie , they have a limited number of tyres for each race meet .
          Different strategies will come into play for sure .
          With the tyres warming quicker , the riders can go faster , sooner , but if they do , their tyres will go off sooner .
          Do you go hard early and try to build a lead , or do you hold a bit back for a big finish ?????

Makes the racing this year a whole lot more gooderer .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Hey Jim .
            I've been having chronic withdrawals .......... but I'm alright nowwwwwwww .

Allie , they have a limited number of tyres for each race meet .
            Different strategies will come into play for sure .
            With the tyres warming quicker , the riders can go faster , sooner , but if they do , their tyres will go off sooner .
            Do you go hard early and try to build a lead , or do you hold a bit back for a big finish ?????

Makes the racing this year a whole lot more gooderer .

Cheers , Simon .
            Theres the rascal!! How ya been mate?
            Rose says hugs and kisses. Hope to see you guys again when next you're over

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Theres the rascal!! How ya been mate?
              Rose says hugs and kisses. Hope to see you guys again when next you're over
              G'day Josh . (Give Rose a little cuddle for me)
              Yeh , here I are .
              See you probably next year . Maybe for three months . Maybe . Maybe on the 'S . Maybe .

Any way , back to the racing .
              Can we spill the beans yet , I'm getting a bit twitchy holding the results in .

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

G'day Josh . (Give Rose a little cuddle for me)
                Yeh , here I are .
                See you probably next year . Maybe for three months . Maybe . Maybe on the 'S . Maybe .

Any way , back to the racing .
                Can we spill the beans yet , I'm getting a bit twitchy holding the results in .

Cheers , Simon .
                I haven't yet seen it. Re-air is tomorrow from noon until 3. But spill away as far as I'm concerned. I'm not as interested in the factory winners this year as I am seeing how the CRTs progress through the season.
                Rumor has it we'll see a Norton in the field next season. Along with possibly Benelli and KTM...this will likely be the future of the GP...no more bazillion dollar prototype machines....
                I'm afraid it's the only way the class will survive. And while it could be sad because the GP circuit is the test bed for the future of motorcycling, I think it could be exciting as it will force changes in design of chassis and suspension components that previously weren't the accepted norm...the frameless Panagale being an example. Sure there have been frameless machines before, but they weren't common and were exclusive to exclusive machines (Black Shadow etc)
                Imagine what will happen when the techno wizards of Japan take hold of that??

Comment

Yeh , with you Josh .
                  The factory bikes will get your interest up , trust me . (And you know you can trust me , eh mate) .
                  Just hope it doesn't degenerate into ANOTHER superbike competition .
                  Watch all three races if you can . All were very goodly .

Cheers , Simon .
                  Last edited by simon kuether; 04-10-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

3 months? Should we prepare the "cave"?

Need to set up a time to talk on the phone soon about this year mate, lots to discuss!
                    "Just Ducky, Thanks!"

Where I've ridden.

Comment

I saw the Moto2 and MotoGP races

The Moto2 class sure has competition, lots of lead swapping and guys running wide in T1 (tho I think the sand on the track helped there, as did getting squeezed out on the rumble strips)

It looked like Jorge wasn't going to make it there when Stoner was 2 secs ahead, what a strong finish!

I wonder what happened to Spies? Did his arm get yanked off in that practice crash? He barely beat Edwards on the CRT bike
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        I saw the Moto2 and MotoGP races

The Moto2 class sure has competition, lots of lead swapping and guys running wide in T1 (tho I think the sand on the track helped there, as did getting squeezed out on the rumble strips)

It looked like Jorge wasn't going to make it there when Stoner was 2 secs ahead, what a strong finish!

I wonder what happened to Spies? Did his arm get yanked off in that practice crash? He barely beat Edwards on the CRT bike
                        Apparently Spies developed chatter problems as a result of his practice crash. They couldn't adjust it out in time for the race. He was quoted as saying it was like the bike was on knobbies. See for yourself here: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/178...gp_misery.html

Comment

Man! That was tasty! I thought Stoner was gonna walk away from them as usual once he got out in front but little Jorge took it to him at the end! What a move on Pedrosa with what three laps left? Ballsy for sure. I thought he was pinched off somehow he squeezed inside Dani with Stoners exhaust pipe right up his nose. "Flash bit o riding" hey Simon?
                          I missed the 2 and 3 races though how'd Mavryck do??

Comment

Originally posted by RageZro View Post
                            3 months? Should we prepare the "cave"?

Need to set up a time to talk on the phone soon about this year mate, lots to discuss!
                            Hey Jim .
                            I probably should talk to Deb first .

Cheers , Simon .

Comment

Working...
                            X