No announcement yet.

Here we go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four in the morning...that's too much like duck hunting. Maybe catch the sidecars.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I caught the side car race on the radio this morning. I found a link to watch it live. I hope this work for us. http://www.iom-tt.com/

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Whatever…

Thanks for the link Charlie, but it says it don't work for Macs…

Got to get over there someday.

Johnny, I think the races near you are easier to get close too, just as you said last year.
        The TT course is so BIG and FAST that it makes it hard to find good place to view.
        It looks like the Bungalow and Cronk ny Mona are a couple of the best places to watch.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

race reports

Hi Bill, if you want to PM me your address,I'll post you the race reports from a local newspaper.I already do this for Charlie and Leigh.let me know.Johnny

Comment

I watched a press conference this morning with McGuinness, Farquar and Michael Dunlop. Michael can have a sharp whit about him. John McGuiness was talking that he might approach Joey Dunlops record number of wins, not that he would want to beat his record, as the years go on and Michael chips in, "or you could **** off and let the rest of us have a go at it". All said and taken in good humor, with smiles all around.

Has anyone seen Leigh post lately? There's a guy with some whit.

I'm still reading on my pile of papers. Saturday post brought the new "Bike" magazine, and Monday brought "Cycle World". With all the reading, I had to do some 110 miles of hands on road research Sunday on my 650.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Comment

Ha ha ha, yeah Michael can be direct,where most people go wrong with him is he is fiercley proud of the Dunlop name and will do more sometimes than is safe to make sure that it is engraved on every trophy there is, and no-one seems to remember that he is 23 yrs old and lets be honest, which one of us would react to some of the situations he has had to deal with and been aggressive with press and other riders at that age???.I was reading yesterday that the company responsible for all the national road race tv coverage has sold the rights to show the Bush races to the US and Australia this year-naturaslly I have lost the piece of paper that I wrote the channels it will be shown on,try contacting www.greenlight.tv to see if they get back to you.Haven't seen Leigh on here for a while,I mainly know what he is at via e mail.STILL reading the last parcel???????,and there was me going to make up another one for you soon-I'll wait until after the Mid Antrim 150 in 2 weeks time then get it sorted-how does that sound?.Off to order parts for the bike as I have my annual inspection on Saturday.Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                I had to do some 110 miles of hands on road research Sunday on my 650.

cg
                Me too, but I ride with plenty of caution.
                Weather's been wonderful here.
                IOM's been rainy, things are all rescheduled from the weather.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

IOMTT videos!

Colin posted this excellent video link in the wrong forum, but HEY THANKS!

Comment

Thanks Bill. Made a pleasant breakfast watching. Even got the wife watching.

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g

Comment

There it goes again…

Looks like the final races will be canceled because of rain and fog.

Comment

Actually, they ran the 600 twin race, with Farquar winning. Senior TT was canceled.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          Has anyone seen Leigh post lately? There's a guy with some whit
                          Well thanks for the compliment, Charlie.
                          I have been busier than a Baghdad bricklayer.
                          I'm back at "school" with another intense online course that will last 10 months if I keep hard at it.

Johnny's latest envelope arrived today (thanks mate, most pleasantly unexpected) and he reminded me to stick my head back in here.

My "usual" source of racing video (racing underground) has been down for a few weeks so I have studiously avoided most bike forums/sites to try to avoid hearing the results until I can "acquire" copies of said footage.
                          I am not going to read the papers Johnny sent until I can find the racing either...

Comment

Bush races

I haven't put anything up on the TT(as you can see) as it is avaiable on so many sources,BUT the Bush races outside Dungannon are this weekend and I am taking my 3yr old to the practice sessions tomorrow so I should have some photos from the paddock up here by Sunday.Although if the weather stays as it is jetskis are more whats needed-it gives heavy rain all day tomorrow(practice) and showers on Saturday(race day),but I will still be there at 8am and won't leave until either the races have ended or are abandoned(I've never let liquid sunshine put me off before and I'm damned if it will now!).I have to miss out on the Skerries races this year as I have to go to Holland for 5 days and can't afford to do both.Glad you got the package mate,should have told you about it but I figured that everyone needs a surprise sometimes.I'll let everone here know how it goes-ok?.Oh and Bill,are you fishing for an invite????,if you want to come over I recommend Leigh's stragety it means coming here for 3 weeks but you get to see 2 national and 1 international race to see the difference(I also think he is to blame for the rain-as he wants sunshine for his visit next year hahahahaha)

Comment

Bush races 2012

its Friday,it's the Bush 2012 practice session....it's RAINING HEAVILY, arse.Did it put off the mental cases who race-nope

see umbrellas are used for more than keeping the racers from getting sunstroke

and before anyone asks-no that rear tyre is NOT a moto x tyre but it would have needed to have been to get out of the main paddock on Friday night(a little tip here boys and girls:-DO NOT use a full wet race tyre on the street they really do not like sudden direction changes when they get too hot), the bike in the background has a street legal(if somewhat stickier compound rear fitted if anyone is interested it was either a Dunlop D207 or Pirelli sport corsa),I took my little one with me to see her first practices-and I think I might have created a problem for myself as she loved it!
                              On to the races .Saturday was dry and slightly warm(around 11 degrees celcius) so things got underway quickly as there were 10 races planned and a forecast of heavy rain by 4.30.The day belonged to Ryan Farquhar winning all 6 races he started and if I am honest it became a bit boring after the first 3 as he had built up a 35-40 second lead on the second lap of every race so the only real interest was the battles for 2nd through to 5th and the sight of several newcomers getting the line slightly wrong and wheelieing unexpectdly then shimmying away BUT never closing the throttle-great to watch but I bet a few of them needed to put a hose down the back of their leathers afterwards. As always the classic lads gave good entainment in both of their races(201-500cc and 501-1000cc) the noise of these bikes has to be heard to be believed- there were 900cc+ Nortons and Triumphs which rattled the fillings in your head,just the way bikes should sound.Sorry I have no results of the classic and Support races, the bank I use has a computer screw up and I couldn't afford to buy a programme,or for the fact that I have no video footage this time-I forgot the bloody camera.Ryan's total winnings for the day amounted to £2000,not much to risk your life over is it?? and when you think it probably cost £1600/1700 to prepare the bikes....well there are NO Casey Stoners in our sport hehe.Johnny

Comment

OH B*&&^%$S, forgot to put in go to www.photobucket.com/johnny237's albums/GS1000 to see the rest of the photos!

Comment

Working...
                                X