No announcement yet.

this Sat first race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first year racing a bike. My track mixes cars bike and snowmobiles. I've made four races this year. Made it to the finals twice. Broke out once and shook a wire for my two step loose and lost in the lights. But, having more fun with this bike than any other toy I've owned

Comment

Win round 1 9.32 on a 24 dial on the brakes against a destroyer

Comment

That was in the 1/4 mile?

Eric

Comment

Heading home lost to a sled. Oh well had lots o fun

Comment

I watch the sled run they run good. I'm surprised they don't win more? I would think they would be very consistent. I peddled a car last week. It was the first time I needed to. I was very surprised when I rolled off the 1/4 throttle how fast I slowed down, haha. I thought for sure I gave it away. Caught the strip .009 ahead of the car. Lol.

Comment

I dialed 10.24 ran 10.251 10.242 10.246 and 10.356 peddling 10.17 both brake out finals didn't make full pass.

Comment

I've got a Mach Z Skidoo that I put together for a sleds-only series. Clutching them is a black art that takes a different mindset than a bike. After riding a dragbike, a sled is kind of boring. After the launch you just sit and wait for the finish. You race the first 60 feet and the last five feet, and just hang on for the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                  Win round 1 9.32 on a 24 dial on the brakes against a destroyer
                  A win always feels good...congratulations...
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

AMX, get rid of that junker(sorry Baatfam). I will just lead to heartbreak...
                    Anyway... I am just jealous. I did almost sell my boat on ebay... Sprout found a 80% finished backhalfed frame with a stock motor that I might buy if I ever get rid of this boat... I had the reserve set at $5301.00 and the bidding died at... you guessed it,$5300.00.
                    Curt
                    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                      AMX, get rid of that junker(sorry Baatfam). I will just lead to heartbreak...
                      Anyway... I am just jealous. I did almost sell my boat on ebay... Sprout found a 80% finished backhalfed frame with a stock motor that I might buy if I ever get rid of this boat... I had the reserve set at $5301.00 and the bidding died at... you guessed it,$5300.00.
                      Curt
                      Come up here with 4 large and ride it home if you dare. Such a bargain I will even throw in the scooter that Bob gave me so when the dragbike craps out you can enter it. Sat night was 400 pro tree dial in pit vehicle racing that matched up the badass Honda against a bunch of crappy golf carts. I broke out with a 33 sec dial

Comment

And I know thats a deal.... You borke out on the Honda? Wow, you must of really been pushing it...
                        Curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                          And I know thats a deal.... You borke out on the Honda? Wow, you must of really been pushing it...
                          Curt
                          The scooter at 45 mph is just as scary as the dragbike at 140 but everyone gets a kick out of riding it

Comment

I remember 150 on my yamaha turbo was scary... brakes were so bad I had to sit up to slow down at GLD. Not enough runoff... Its a shame you are selling. I did sell the boat, but not for enough to get that monster out of your garage... I hope you get a bite on selling it... If you get bored, send me a photo so I can put it up on my wall of fame at work...
                            Curt

Comment

Working...
                            X