• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't even peg the speed-o !

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      I'm sure they can't always remember the exact spot for every single one?
      Yes the first rank riders do remember every tiny spot, and use them for reference.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

He sure picks some nice lines compared to the bikes he passed. Is the front end coming off the ground or is he just going over some small hills/inclines? It looks like his front end is coming up off the ground.
        1979 GS850G
        2004 SV650N track bike
        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Yep Tas, those are wheelies over bumps that at road speed you don't even feel.That part of the track is a lot smoother than it was 30 years ago!that corner Michael went back a gear(the speedo was showing 145/6) was notorious for breaking steering dampers back in the'70s/early'80s.Well Charlie you have seen it,eh? 170mph uphill wheelies anyone

Comment

After watching a couple of races I noted the the front seemed to be coming off the ground about 4 inches as the bikes got close to where I was standing. I checked to see if there was a bump in the road. No..... just a gear change and a slight wheelie, going up hill at 170mph. Last years UGP.
            cg
            Last edited by Charlie G; 07-04-2012, 10:27 PM.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

After watching a couple of races I noted the the front seemed to be coming off the ground about 4 inches as the bikes got close to where I was standing. I checked to see if there was a bump in the road. No..... just a gear change and a slight wheelie, going up hill at 170mph. Last years UGP.
              cg
              Sweet mother of Mary!
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
              X