No announcement yet.

ADRA added race at Cordova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to buy new leathers,NHRA licence, and new rear sprocket,fresh battery and fresh chain before I can think of anything else. I make that about $650. Then maybe a lockup...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Here is my new plan. Going to buy slider clutch. Run the bike with the stock motor. Ring it and run it. I run more cars then bikes plus more money in the pro class with cars. I ran between 10.10 to 10.12 very consistent. That keeps me from buying nhra lic. That's $300 savings and pays for 4 race days. I have two extra motors one is the 1428 I can install if I get the itch. Bike is still very fun to ride and fits many classes. I didn't want to run box class I think that the box class takes most of the fun and skill out of racing.

Comment

Isn't it kind of boring going that slow?? Only joking... I got a taste of 9.30's and now want 8.999 jst to say I did it... After that, who knows... Maybe by then the motor will be loose enough to start spraying it. Sounds like you have a good plan and its too bad you live so far away... Enjoy beating up on the cars and keep us informed on your racing... Let me know about that junky air clutch...(:
        Curt

Comment

I picked up a slider clutch. Going to pull the motor change crank and install the clutch next week. Also, have new dyna upgrade electronics. Going to rewire the bike. Should keep me busy for a couple weeks.

Comment

You must have a heated garage... I went out to look at mine and got frostbite. Do you have to change the gear on the crank for the slider? Hope it all goes smooth. A couple of pics would be cool.
            Curt

Comment

Clutch has a straight cut gear. I have a fresh crank with straight cut gear. Garage is heated, but going to get super cold for next couple week. Still need to pull the bike out of the trailer.

Comment

It looks like we will have a full van for Cordova... Trip(Mr.Wizard),LandSpeedRich,BuddyGreg,DragsterJo hn,WrenchCasey and myself...All in a Chevy Venture... It should be interesting... I think we will need to rethink the 4 person mini lodge at the campground... If anyone else is heading there in May, give a yell... It should be a party.
                Curt
                Last edited by bellucci; 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

This is growing from a full van to all out RV event!! even if it rains we are going have a great time !!
                  SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Update... RV out of our price range... $650 for 2 days is too much... We now have the Pro Stock Chevy Venture and the Little Lodge that sleeps 6 for $25.00 a guy. 3 Miles from the racetrack...
                    Curt

Comment

Cordova Update ADRL

The weather looks perfect. 80's and no rain. Suntan lotion mandatory. I am really not wanting to be at work today. Leaving at 6 a.m. Baatfam, call if you make it. 847-334-1688.

Curt

Comment

The Cordova trip was a blast... Weather held till 2 p.m. on Sunday. The bikes were running high 3's at 166 mph... Wow.. I am working on getting some video's loaded up to this site... So far, it shuts my work computer down anytime I try and see one... Hmmmm
                        Curt

Comment

wow!!! what a FAST show.
                          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                          X