TO runs this weekend, fingers crossed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TO runs this weekend, fingers crossed

Well, I'm 8 wires away from making some time only runs this weekend in Douglas, WY. This has been an experience building this bike from what it was.

Back in 2008 When I brought it home on the trailer after giving the nice fella $275.

And now only 5 years later; Of course there were 4 fun filled years of street riding, then some street/strip riding.
    Finally this spring the racing bug bit me hard and this is what happened.

I have a few more wires to connect and I should be lighting the holes tomorrow evening. Thanks to all who have helped along the way; A special thanks to MadJack.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM.

I dig it, looking great. I got out to test first time Saturday. Ran 1/8 mile total rebuild plus changed to a slider clutch. Five passes first pass was an easy one then ran 6.43 6.43 6.43, 6.42 now if I could cut a light I could be in business, Haha

Comment

I have a couple of different front wheels that are 18 inch & lighter, & would allow you to use the front slick if you are interested. Bike looks good & has come a long way! Ray.

Comment

Nice looking scoot. I have a set of Lectrons I'll give you a deal on PM me if interested. What day are you going to be at Douglas, WV ? I might ride down. Looking good...
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Nice looking scoot. I have a set of Lectrons I'll give you a deal on PM me if interested. What day are you going to be at Douglas, WV ? I might ride down. Looking good...

I think Douglas, WY is a bit far for a nice drive from Ohio. Now if it were a Douglas in WV then not so bad, But Im in Wyoming.

Comment

Ha ha my eyes suck. Yeah a bit far... but let me know if you want them carburetors.
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

looking good -- the 18" front will help roll out and V.R.T. -(vehicle reaction time)-

or in other words help you cut better/more consistent lights
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Mike, You want to come up for the Sturgis Rally race? Still have a place for you at the track. You can stay in my race trailer. Shower house right next door, and foods cheap at the track. That would make for a pretty inexpensive time at the rally. The track is located right between the Full Throttle and the Buffalo Chip, so lots of stuff going on close by.
                If nothing else come up to watch the nitro bikes run Tuesday and Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                X