Liqui Moly Racing Bike-Oil Additiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liqui Moly Racing Bike-Oil Additiv

I found "Liqui Moly Racing Bike-Oil Additiv." The problem I was trying to mitigate is cam galling and I wasn't excited about installing extra lubrication to the head. This motor spends the vast majority of its time running between 7,000 and 9,000 RPM. Worse, it is behind a large cowling/body of a road racing sidecar where cooling is always an issue as well.

I added some this past weekend before the first practice. We had 3 practice sessions and 2 races, all in 90F+ temperatures and the motor ran fine. No clutch slippage at all. In fact, the motor seemed to run cooler too - not sure if that was coincidence or if it can be attributed to the Liqui Moly.

I pulled an oil sample at the end of the last race. Will ship that off to Blackstone tomorrow.

btw, took second place F2 for the weekend after the #1 bike spun out and flipped.

Hi Ken, glad to here you had a great weekend. I never heard of that Liquid Moly Racing Oil I'll have to check it out. Wheres your next race? Have BMW, will travel
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Hi Ken, glad to here you had a great weekend. I never heard of that Liquid Moly Racing Oil I'll have to check it out. Wheres your next race? Have BMW, will travel
      back to NJMP in 2-weeks. It is an AHMRA race so lots of vintage bikes.

Comment

Working...
      X