First time drag racing report: FUN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
    clocks don't start till you break the beams.
    sit there for 30 seconds then go and you'll still get the same ET as if you had a.500 light
    Learn something every day. Thanks.

So I won't better my ET by a quicker RT, but I would better my ET if I didn't slip out of 3rd gear going down the track.

Told you I was a NooB!

-Kevin

Comment

Been back to the track yet Kevin? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilRock View Post
        Learn something every day. Thanks.

So I won't better my ET by a quicker RT, but I would better my ET if I didn't slip out of 3rd gear going down the track.

Told you I was a NooB!

-Kevin
        But that quicker RT might just win you a bracket race
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Been back to the track yet Kevin? Ray.
          Nope.

My wife had picked me up at the hospital half a dozen times since we've been together. And although I think drag racing is 100x safer than motocross, flat track, road racing, supermoto, and enduros, she still calls it "motorcycle racing".

And it turns out my life insurance policy doesn't pay if I end it all "Motorcycle Racing" either. Which my family eagerly pointed out as well.

So, No. To make a short story long, I haven't been back to the track.

I did figure out how to reverse my shifter for about $9

-Kevin

Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I used to road race & had 3 different friends killed road racing. I have NEVER had a friend, or even known a bracket racer that has been killed. Drag race accidents are just so rare & don't have the same potential for injuries as other types of motorcycle racing. You have to do what is right for YOU & your family but STREET riding in LA is the most dangerous riding I have ever done! LOL! REALLY!!! Ray.

Comment

We had a guy die back in the early nineties when he locked up the front wheel trying not to breakout. Our bike/sled class went away over the last off season, due to counts too low for the owner to make any money so, we're back to racing in car classes again. My 25 yr old son has been the only bike to run in the DOT/muffler/12 flat et cutoff class with his '90 gsx600f. Went seven rounds a couple weeks ago, lost in the final to a guy in a Vega who had a .001 rt with a 12.35 on a .33
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                ... but STREET riding in LA is the most dangerous riding I have ever done! LOL! REALLY!!! Ray.
                Yup. The most dangerous part of the night is getting to the track.

I will be back. I have to! Especially if I start building this motor up. Just might not be until next summer.

-Kevin

Comment

Yup. The most dangerous part of the night is getting to the track.

I will be back. I have to! Especially if I start building this motor up. Just might not be until next summer.

-Kevin
                  Don't build one. Find one with all the work done they are cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                    Don't build one. Find one with all the work done they are cheap enough.
                    So where would you look to find one already built?
                    Have you seen them on this forum very often?
                    And what is "cheap enough"?

I found one (actually he found me) but the combination he had was more motor than what I am looking for. I would be very interested in a complete package on the cheap. 1170cc, RS36, cams, mild port. Nothing too crazy.

-Kevin

Comment

dragbike.com, eBay, ask around at the track, put the word out you're looking.

$4-6K will get a decent bike...maybe less.

I found mine through a local racer and bike speed shop owner....
                      Had to update a few things, but it was a good bike....
                      Sold it to Amxsteve when I had to quit racing.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That is a cool friggen bike.
                        I'll check out dragbike.com.

-Kevin

Comment

I found one (actually he found me) but the combination he had was more motor than what I am looking for. I would be very interested in a complete package on the cheap. 1170cc, RS36, cams, mild port. Nothing too crazy.

-Kevin
                          it all depends on your definition of cheap....

Comment

That is a cool friggen bike.
                            I'll check out dragbike.com.

-Kevin
                            That bike is still for sale and 4k would buy it. It was an awesome easy to ride but quick bike. My best 9.12@145. It launches hard 1.29 short and goes straight as an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                              That bike is still for sale and 4k would buy it. It was an awesome easy to ride but quick bike. My best 9.12@145. It launches hard 1.29 short and goes straight as an arrow.
                              Looks like fun. If I was going to buy a racing bike, I'd seriously look at it.
                              I need something with a pillion seat, lights, kickstand, etc.
                              I just want a 130-140hp street rod that can do 10.3-10.5s.

-Kevin

Comment

I got one for sale also...ready to roll. If you join the NHRA part of the price is medical insurance...around 400K as long as you race at a NHRA sanctioned track. Runs on pump gas, self starting and very easy to ride. Will do low 9`s or you can do 10`s all day long. 1327cc 40mm smooth bores,head work all dyna electronics blah,blah,blah I could go on for a while. If your in oregon I could meet you half way to deliver it if you are interested in buying.

Comment

Working...
                                X