No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cancelled for tomorrow 10-5-2014. The timing system is on the fritz .. I want to ride my new bike Curt. heck I want to ride your new bike TOO!!!
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Quiet day at Union Grove. Went and ran a couple laps. 9.50 at 144. Time to put the toys away till next year.
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

So I have a new address... Plano Texas. Been here about a month and miss the gang. Been staying in touch with Trip. I found one track north of me. 1/8th mile with a lot of runoff. Went to watch on Dec 9th. Temp was 70 and there were about 20 cars. IHRA and seems to be professionally run. We will see this coming season. Hope the gang up north is staying warm...
        Curt

Comment

we may have to start a new thread belucci - Great Lakes Dragaway motorcycle brackets have been cancelled forever. New years party with the track owners was "interesting" to say the least.

we are going to NHDRO and 2 Wheel Speed. may hit an event at Rte.66 so we can get on a bracket final team - (nhra) or Byron.

Hope you are enjoying the warmth in Plano, but I have your GS street bike!! Ha! the engine is out and disassembled - You are so lucky - What I found in the oil pan and pick up can UGH.. When you get it back it is going to be a little more powerful ... and a little blue bottle on it's side.
          Last edited by trippivot; 01-11-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

That's a shame. I don't know if there is a bike bracket class down here yet. And as far as my red ES, It was a free motor to us. I am sure glad you took it apart so we don't ruin that big end crank...Now, about the blue bottle. You are putting it on the wrong bike! Get all the plumbing together, throw it in whatever vehicle you are driving down here in, and a pile of cash will be waiting! Just because this track is short doesn't mean there isn't a quarter mile just a little more south of Dallas. And giggle juice sounds fun no matter what the length of the track.................
            Curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
              That's a shame. I don't know if there is a bike bracket class down here yet. And as far as my red ES, It was a free motor to us. I am sure glad you took it apart so we don't ruin that big end crank...Now, about the blue bottle. You are putting it on the wrong bike! Get all the plumbing together, throw it in whatever vehicle you are driving down here in, and a pile of cash will be waiting! Just because this track is short doesn't mean there isn't a quarter mile just a little more south of Dallas. And giggle juice sounds fun no matter what the length of the track.................
              Curt
              Giggle juice...............I like that.

Comment

The first pass I made on my 1327 in the drag frame made me giggle also...
                Curt

Comment

belucci, you shouldn't have much problem, racing around the Metroplex area. The Motorplex, Kennedale, Denton, and Crandall are racing this year, I think. The PMRA races at Tulsa, OK, Temple has some bike races, too. I've heard that Redline in Caddo Mills is closed. Welcome to Texas, maybe I'll see you at a track sometime. I'm in the Texarkana area, and will race at Prescott, AR and Gilliam, LA north of Shreveport, but I will probably be traveling some, too. At several of these tracks, you will race with the cars, more competition, but better money, also.
                  Last edited by WayneB; 02-21-2015, 11:29 AM.
                  Torn & Frayed
                  79 GS1000E
                  80 GS1100L (2)

Comment

It seems that I will be playing at Denton for this season. I am going to practice on Sundays as I have a job the I only have Thursday and Sunday off... Stay in touch and let me know if you are at Denton and I will stop up and Say hey... Text at 847-334-1688.
                    Curt

Comment

Found another track down here in Texas. Still a short one but at least I have a choice... Its been 80 degrees all week.

Curt

Comment

opening weekend for GLD I am not running but the place is going to be open -- it snowed 3" this morning ---- geesh

Comment

1/8th mile in Denton, Texas... Man is it over quick compared to the 1/4 mile. But still fun. I hear Trip is back in the 8 second gang! Good for him... I'm in the real high 5's. Just a shorty...
                          Curt
                          video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                          Last edited by bellucci; 05-02-2015, 09:28 PM. Reason: Add video

Comment

13 passes on new engine - my " 88 " is what I call it - during the first 5 or 6 passes it was 148 mph -- yesterday I took 6 passes and was around 154 156 range . lectrons are using a lot more gas than the mikunis

all yesterday was 8.70 something from 72 to 77 delay box installed too. 1.040 had me out of the beams at .005 to .016.

but I am getting some tire spin at the hit and at 2nd gear shift. -- from lap 6 to lap 12 it got worse - 60' times are going up from 1.27 to 1.32 as the new tire wears in - I varied the rear tire pressure 6.5 up to 7...same slip... so I took some lock up weight off the arms of my slider - which made a change for the better -- but I may need just a little more off - last lap (#13) I got a 1.29 and it still chirped. quest for traction? 1 step at a time

rain was threatening so I put it away for the post break in service -- I will do more testing Thursday.

video is cool -- good to see you getting a grip! 5.58 ~5.53 is what I would be dialing 1/8

Comment

You are too fast for me... and my tire is shot, so I am ordering a new one. Its too bad that the brackets are gone for bikes up there... There is a class down here that is a 4.50 class... very very fast bikes. Last time I went to Texas Raceway, there was 5 of them... Are you going to go to Byron this year? I am hoping to come in for a visit near the end August...Party on and say hi to your honey.
                              Curt

Comment

She says hi back -yes we are going to Byron - G.L.D. still has a bike class - not much really changed ..except bikes can run box class - 1/8 mile with the dragsters . but you better be on your game.

new gear 15/45 - probably should just break down and buy the 16t 3" offset.... and a longer chain. new clutch tune - 1.28 short time - ran 3- 8.71 passes in practice. getting it dialed/broken in. bracket point race on Sunday

best pass to date - 8.67@149. 700#

Comment

Working...
                                X