No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to revive this thread this year. Back in town a year now and going to race a little more.
    Had to buy a house last year and had to do a lot of work on it.
    Now ready to race. Stay tuned.
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Hi Bellucci - The 115 anniversary is going to be a zoo up there this summer.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Hey Trip...
        Going to get the bearings repacked on the trailer for the ride out to see you. We are thinking next weekend or the one after. Leaving Sat. afternoon and coming home Sunday. Looking forward to have the master work on my scooter. Let me know if you need anything from this area. See you soon.
        Curt

Comment

All I have to move is a Vmax trike to get your racebike on the lift. c ya.

Comment

Went to see Trip this past weekend. Had a great time. Went a little more aggressive on the cam timing to see if we can get a little lower elapsed time. Going to lean it out also to see if that will help also. Now we wait for the temperature to warm up. Its Easter and our high is supposed to be a smokin' 38 degrees...
            Curt

Comment

What did you set the cams at?
              Are you using Lectrons?
              My stable
              84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
              85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
              88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
              98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
              90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
              06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
              00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

he has mikuni RS flatslides -38mm - and the numbers are secret, lol

funny his 1327 Is just as fast as my 1428 big tire fed by 36mm RS. his conversion small tire chassis works good.

Comment

You guys are using street carbs on dragbikes?
                  If I remember correctly Tripp aren’t you running low 5’s in the 1/8 that’s flying for 36RS carbs.
                  My stable
                  84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                  85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                  88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                  98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                  90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                  06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                  00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

hi bellucci!

this is the funnest dragbike I've ever owned. I'm looking for a small tire bike - with a kick stand....

got a few fast engines to stuff in a light chassis meow.
                    Attached Files

Comment

lately im at 5.72~5.8 around 116 mph .1/8mile driven by a low comp 1428 cc - 108 cfm head .348 drop in cams. 36mm RS flat side mikuni 17.5/ 125 mains clip#3 1100 ratio slider stall at 5200 18 grams lock up , 15-47 sprockets. self starting. low volume oil gears . 710#total weight-- 460# bike weight supposedly a kosman frame 9"X26 hoosier.
                      real sweet heart of an engine and such a smooth idle.

follow a similar recipe and you can race for a decade on the same engine .

I have bigger faster engines ...... but don't tell anyone lets keep it secret lol
                      Last edited by trippivot; 05-20-2018, 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling punctuation

Comment

sorry to double post

but 10 thousand views?

dilly dilly.

Comment

So... We went a little aggressive on the cam timing and am now going slower. Hoping to talk Trip into coming to town to readjust. Went up on Memorial Day and it was 95 Degrees. Really hot in the suit. Going to go this Thursday and make sure it was the cam timing and not the awful heat. I hope to get some pics on You tube if it runs better. Was at the big races this past weekend and watched the pros go 7.00 on their bikes. Wow.
                          Curt

Comment

I said over and over lets leave it alone. 104/106 is a great place to be. your whole package is tuned to perfection. carbs/ cams/ final gear.

102/107 gave us more overlap but belluci does not want 10 sprockets. --- I sure your shift points changed --- cant wait to hear about your next outing

Comment

Gentlemen, I've not been on this site in a while and I see you're still active at GLD. I am sponsoring a Trophy race at GLD on the 4th Tuesday of the month. The June 26 meet was rained out so next week, July 24 will be our first run. We also will be running Trophy Tuesday on August 28 and September 25 with a possible rain date for June in early October. It's open to any bike that is basically street legal...working head & taillight with brake light, hand clutch, DOT tires, NO BOX, NO WHEELIE BAR. It's geared to beginning racers but all are welcome. We could use experienced racers to impress & coach the newbies. We will run for the trophies in a rider dial in bracket format. Just pay the usual $35 gate fee for T&T and sign up for the trophy race is free. Gates are open at 5. There will be a riders meeting / new racer orientation with Q&A at about 6:30 that will run about 15 minutes. Eliminations will begin about 8 PM depending on variables. The track has a curfew so we will be very mindful of time but if time permits we will also do a pass the hat $5 per rider heads up (Pro-Tree) Winner take all. Questions? Email me at: DJVAMA218@gmail.com

Comment

I'll pass on the "Trophy" race. I'm a long time regular up here at WIR in Kaukauna. They run a lot of "street" races there on Friday nights and lots of bikes show up and make as many time runs they can. NONE of them will show up on Saturday and bracket race.
                                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                                X