No announcement yet.

Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may stud up a 750 GS if the stuff does not sell.

and go the radar drags next month in mukwango ... we got an invitation and Tony is talking about running the Hayabusa.

YEE HAWW -- how did I ever get into ice racing?

Drat global cooling.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Sounds like fun...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Time to resurrect this thread... We made it thru a 80 inch winter. Now its time to get back to Union Grove and have some fun... Later this month is the first bracket races. It should be as much fun as last year...If you live local, and I know there are a few, come by on one of the bracket weekends and introduce yourself. Trip and I will probably be next to the blue barn...
        Curt

Comment

garage party!

ok I'll be doing my 3rd annual in home garage burnout -- Since the wife and I moved up here and bought this house, I do a big stinky burnout in the entrance to my garage at the start of racing season. A 9 inch wide black stripe right in the middle of the floor of MY GARAGE--and it makes me smile on rainy days.

I think I am going to get another whole season out of this Hoosier -- car tires are cheaper and last longer. I remember buying 2 MT 7"ers a season when I ran a small tire chassis.

Same same as last year 9:35 range nothing special not trying a new combination . slow and easy - wins a bracket race

Comment

We went and froze this past weekend... I got into the second round. Trip got to the 3rd and then they called the race due to weather... Sunday was cancelled due to weather also... Video's here...

Curt

Comment

Thanks for putting them up. Great sounds, including the Harley.
              Loved the commentary on the first one...."come on, Curt...fvck...i don't think we took that one".
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

He is a good buddy... But I think he has Parkinsons. Lots of shaking... Nope, it was the cold weather.
                Curt

Comment

It was really cold. plus a 25~20 mph head wind .. Had 9:56 on the dial all day and I ran low 9:57 range.

No practice at all first 5 laps I have made this year.

Comment

2.4 seconds to a Hayabusa with you in the low 9's? You would win anyway but that bike must have had a horrible rider. A Hayabusa should be capable of high 9's at least.

Comment

i am curious to the photo where the bike is bridging. what is the cause and how do you fix it? would like to know more about this, my 78 1000 is strutted but i havent got bars yet, but would like to know all i can before i take the plunge. thanks
                      matt

and btw thank goodness that spring is here and we can get to the track!!! this winter makes the laps even sweeter!!!! glad u boys up in the great white north are thawed out and playing as well!!!
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, he was much faster than the dial he used. I mean he was out in front of me 40 maybe 50 feet at the 1000' -- I was looking right at him, he looked at me and hit the brakes - so I stayed tucked under the bubble and held the throttle wide open - he broke out holding too much time / took too much stripe. . sandbagging takes practice and you MUST have the better reaction time.

bridging? once you figure out the exact rear tire pressure your bike hooks with - lift the wheelie bar height . I like to see some daylight under the front wheel 1.5 ~ 2 inches max.

Originally posted by hotrods316 View Post
                        i am curious to the photo where the bike is bridging. what is the cause and how do you fix it? would like to know more about this, my 78 1000 is strutted but i havent got bars yet, but would like to know all i can before i take the plunge. thanks

Comment

I like 4-5 inches... Looks cooler!

Comment

Test and tune at the Grove tomorrow evening... 75 degrees and dry I hope...
                            Curt

Comment

yea 5 inches under the front tire is nice, THAT PICX SWEET!!!! whats your start line procedure? and how do i do a burnout to warm up my tire? its a street tire so should i even bother? but want to start thinking about what my procedure will be when i put the slick.bar. on the bike

thanks
                              matt

Comment

Originally posted by hotrods316 View Post
                                yea 5 inches under the front tire is nice, THAT PICX SWEET!!!! whats your start line procedure? and how do i do a burnout to warm up my tire? its a street tire so should i even bother? but want to start thinking about what my procedure will be when i put the slick.bar. on the bike

thanks
                                matt
                                1st procedure is to have enough horse power to pull a slick when you throw the clutch out.
                                this is a rude awakening for most people trying a slick and bar for the 1st time..
                                hard on the rider and engine when the bike just shuts off and stops dead in it's tracks..not good!

Comment

Working...
                                X