Sunday Brackets at Union Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
    Yea you did have me beat. But in my defense, I was nursing a broken collar bone, 3 cracked ribs and a punctured lung... True story.

Curt
    you can't just leave us hanging....what happened?what caused these injuries?

Comment

Threw a YZ250 down on a bike path with the front wheel a little too high doing about 50. Christmas eve with the wife out of town. Had the dog in the truck back at the buds garage. Knew I messed up the collar bone, but thought it was just a bruise. So I got my friends to throw the bike in the truck. Put me in the truck,drove home and dropped the dog at neighbors. Got back in the truck and headed to the hospital. Lucky they had valet parking,I was almost out. Made it into the hospital and they took it from there. Waited a day to call the wife as it was Christmas. Caught grief for that one. Made it back to work after 4 days with the help of a handful of Percocet. Had surgery to put the pin in. 2 days later I was trying to snow blow the drive and shifted the pin. Back in for surgery. Second time took. Did I mention I had to move Jan 15 to new house... O.K. thats enough...
      Curt
      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

holy bat shlt...fun times dayum!
        tib/fib--- plate and 5 screws here but sounds like i got off lucky.
        yeeeehaaa

Comment

I did smash the snot out of my hip, but it only swelled out about 4 inches. No broken bones which was amazing. I think my shoulder landed on the bike path and my hip on the dirt... I do remember bouncing twice or 3 times.
          Curt

Comment

Old GS never die they keep ticking.

Way to go.Keep on racing.

Comment

Weekend brackets at the Grove. Both days and it looks like the weather will hold. Trip and I got the air clutch installed and it looks to be a winner. He sure is good with electronics and such. If any one from the area is going to be up there,come say hi. We are behind the blue barn by the long staging area...
              Curt

Comment

1 Time run and then RAIN -- Saturday - glad I only paid for 1 day at a time. -- rain check

Sunday we got 3 time runs before eliminations -- I still lost -- bought back in and lost again. Slow on the tree and could not hit my number.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

It looks like "Da Grove" has switched its sanction from NHRA to IHRA. Has that affected the bracket series? If they are no longer NHRA, can you still qualify for the U.S Nationals in Indy?

Comment

NO bracket final team from da'grove -- They complain that NHRA did not do enough for them.. Owner from Cordova used to work at da'grove and is now the president of IHRA- Scott Gardener . so he did not have to do much persuading ... all the classes are staying the same as before

The most unprofessional track I have ever been to. no need for a license they do not check nor enforce -- it is just a outlaw track that caters to the street no clocks crap. and for a serious ET racer the SRT bracket series all you get 1 a month-- - no weekly money races for bikes - especially if your bike has a slick / bar / slider.

Comment

We are off to do a little test and tune this Thursday... If the weather holds. Since we only race one weekend a month, we have to practice...
                      Curt

Comment

Hope it not as hot as Georgia. Practice make perfect
                        My stable
                        84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                        85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                        88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                        98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                        90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                        06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                        00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Back to Union Grove this weekend. We are hoping for good weather both days... There is also a race in Byron(two wheel speed) but Trip and I are headed north to look for some points and or some moola... Should be a hot one...
                          Curt

Comment

Good luck Curt. Hope you have fun and cool weather. I wanna see You and Trip in the final round OK.
                            My stable
                            84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                            85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                            88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                            98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                            90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                            06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                            00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

first round may be the final -- lol!

Comment

Saturday rain out.. Sunday beautiful... Mr. GS1500 got a gift of a red light from me. Trip went all the way and collected all the money. Had a blast! Hope to see the gang in 2 weeks up there...
                                Curt

Comment

Working...
                                X