Ohhh...Barry Sheene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh...Barry Sheene

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    No signature

They do not make them like that any longer. Men were men back then.

Comment

I'm fortunate to know Don Morley - a long time friend of Barry's until they had a silly falling out. Don tells a story of being woken at 2 or 3am by a phone call from Barry - then living in Australia. Bare in mind this was the first time they had spoken for some years. Don asked Barry why on earth was he phoning him at that ungodly hour and did he know what time it was in the UK. Barry told him of course he did; he was phoning from his car parked on Don's drive - he had come to patch things up.

And Silverstone '79 - unforgettable.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

To say that Sheene marched to his own drummer would be understatement for sure! Here is a photo of his helmet that sold for $9400 Canadian. Notice the hole he had drilled in the chin guard so he could have a smoke while waiting on the grid. He smoked 3 packs a day and it did catch up to him... too bad!

IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
          To say that Sheene marched to his own drummer would be understatement for sure! Here is a photo of his helmet that sold for $9400 Canadian. Notice the hole he had drilled in the chin guard so he could have a smoke while waiting on the grid. He smoked 3 packs a day and it did catch up to him... too bad!

Bell should make replicas of Sheene's helmet with their new Bullitt lids.

Comment

Complete with smoke hole ;-)

I remember some of the old guys at work talk about the good old boys and how they would make a hole in their respirators/faceshields/welding masks etc so they could have a smoke while working ;-)

Comment

Old feller I used to work with made a hole in his for his pipe.

AGV do a (big spendy) Barry Sheene replica helmet.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
              X