oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil

Just wondering how often you change your oil between races.......I changed mine two times this year. ..its a track only bike....and I always use synthetic oil....motul golden spectro and mobil 1. Everything still works as it should. ..I come out of the hole at 7000rpm and shift at 10000 rpm

Road racing with a blend oil I use to change it every other race weekend, that would include open track practice Thurs, -Fri and 2 practices Sat and Sun, then 8-8 lap heat races So probably around 300-350 track miles
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

The Brad Penn is the best racing oil I have ever used. It is the original Kendall "green" formula. Ray.

Comment

I used Castrol 20W50 non synthetic for many years. It's cheap and can get it most anywhere.

Three years ago, I switched to Brad Penn 20W50 semi synthetic. It worked fine with the clutch. Pulled the motor a few times after switching and parts look good. Its cheap and I can still get it local. One thing about that oil, when I pull the motor, that stuff seems to stick to everything like assembly lube.

I have used Torco MPZ.

I change the oil anytime I plan to run the bike.

For my street bikes, generators, cars, I use Mobil 1 synthetic. I change the oil once a year.

Comment

I really don't have a schedule -- If the bike is running consistent I may go 18~20 passes before I change it and the filter. If I have some changes with my air gap in the clutch I change it sooner. If I am bored and want to tinker I'll just swap the oil at any given time. (wasteful but safe)

PLUS I drop the oil pan and clean out the fiber material - every other time. great idea to epoxy a small magnet on your oil pan too. inspect my transmission and check for what ever clues my engine gives me about it's health.

I used Spectro ATV oil 5W/30 only in 2013 and am going to take my racing engine apart to see how 1 season has worn my skirts and rocker arms.

I used brad penn and Rotella in the past but as cold as it is in WI , I choose to use a thinner oil.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

My oil analysis reports are here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=211842.

This motor gets abused so I change the oil every other race weekend. More importantly, I add Liqui-Moly. Look at the analysis and decide for yourself.

Note: although I thought the motor was low-time when I installed it and started doing oil analysis, I discovered last month (when I finally got around to doin a valve check) that is was a high-time motor; and that there was cam wear from the followers.

Again - you decide - I'm a believer.

Comment

Working...
            X