Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

road america ahrma next weekend

Hi all.
    If any of you are coming to the road america ahrma races next weekend I'll be pitted south of the gas station area. The Chicago vintage motorcycle group is in that area. Stop by and say hello. I'll have the gs750 racebike and a silver transit van. Always nice to meet people in person from the list. This year the ahrma event has combined with the rockerbox Milwaukee motorcycle street fair so there will be an estimated 3000 bikes at this thing as well as vendors and bands etc. Here is the link k to the rockerbox info http://www.rockerbox.us
    And here is a link to road america.http://www.roadamerica.com. if you like old bikes and ol bike racing beer and brats. Next weekend should have it all. Hey you can camp there and shower as well. Hope to meet a few of you all up there in person. Joe ryan

man that would be cool to goto. you coming to the ama vintage days in july in ohio? I have to work this weekend or i would have came up to chitown.

PS. Also can you post up some pics and more info on your 750? Always love to see the deets of these ole racebikes. sorry if i have missed another thread on the bike already. thanks
    matt

Comment

I don't know about mid Ohio yet. Depends on work. I'll get some more pics going on the racebike. I have a Pingle coming today and then need to synce the carbs and I should be ready to load up.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbridgeport View Post
        Hi all.
        If any of you are coming to the road america ahrma races next weekend I'll be pitted south of the gas station area. The Chicago vintage motorcycle group is in that area. Stop by and say hello. I'll have the gs750 racebike and a silver transit van. Always nice to meet people in person from the list. This year the ahrma event has combined with the rockerbox Milwaukee motorcycle street fair so there will be an estimated 3000 bikes at this thing as well as vendors and bands etc. Here is the link k to the rockerbox info http://www.rockerbox.us
        And here is a link to road america.http://www.roadamerica.com. if you like old bikes and ol bike racing beer and brats. Next weekend should have it all. Hey you can camp there and shower as well. Hope to meet a few of you all up there in person. Joe ryan

Cathy and I went to this event last year and had a great time. We met Mr. Bridgeport along with a lot of other vintage enthusiasts. We will not be attending this year but wish everyone a safe and fun trip. One thing that is definitely worth doing is the 'Touring Laps' Saturday and Sunday at lunch time. For $20 you get about 30 minutes on track and the pace is definitely not a parade pace. We had a Corvette pace car which was doing a good pace but started about 15 bikes behind the corvette. Many of the riders in front of us were not able to keep up with the corvette so it got quite a way ahead of us. Passing is allowed on the straights and you are free to ride whatever pace you like so long as you don't pass the pace car. We passed several bikes and had an open track for about three full laps. We were riding our Katana so I didn't push 100% but we did run a nice sprting pace.

Joe, have a great weekend and I hope your bike is sorted and you actually get to race this year!

Thanks,
        Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

The Bike is sorted and should be finally ready to ride. FINALLY!

Comment

Good Luck mrbridgeport at Road America. Best food of ANY race track in the U.S.!!!!

Used to love racing there back in the 80's and 90's. I always liked the run from out of the Carousel down to Canada Corner. Too bad they neutered that part of the track when they put that stupid chicane in before The Kink. That was one corner you could feel your testicles pull up into your throat if you did it right!!!

Think I am going to go buy some brats for dinner tonight.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: badd grammer!!!

Comment

Gee, I wish I could go. Have fun, and good luck!!
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Good luck, Joe.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

MAN THIS IS ON THE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT YEAR!!! ANnd especially if you get that much on track time!!!

sounds way better than the vintage days...

Comment

Well back from road america. Spent some time with Mr number1 joe weir. Nice as usual. The vintage racers are so egoless and very helpful to the new guys like me. He took first in both races. So smooth and fast. Never did figure out that kink. What a nice track and wow can you go fast fast fast. I guess I got that kink but there is always next year. Bike dnf both races due to a crappy shorai battery. Darn charging system failed and those shorai batteries could only muster about two laps (four miles) before they crap out. What a waste of money. Back to the lead acid. Well next week is gratten raceway in Michigan. I hope to aactually finish a race this time. Its a bit intimidating but better each time out. Still trying to figure out this new bike. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Thanks for the well wishes. I give you an update post gratten...now to get out and see if I have an extra stator laying around.

Comment

Working...
                    X