Rainy weather in Michigan, discouraging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainy weather in Michigan, discouraging

Wow, I wanna do a couple track days this year but so far the weather's real rainy in Michigan.
    Only 2 dry days out of 7? That's a miserable 28%.
    So I should wait until there's a 5 day forecast before committing and payment.
    Bummer.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Hey BB move here. 3 days of rain since sometime in April and no rain in sight for another 2 weeks, maybe longer.
    No signature

Comment

Lovely, I was near you last Sept. at my niece's wedding in Olympia WA.
      My sister would like me to move there.
      I bought a real nice kayak kit from Pygmy Boats in Fort Townsend, great sea kayaking all up the coast there.
      Just to start an intelligent conversation (that will probably draw in our village trolls):
      What qualifications would I need to emigrate to BC? From what I recall at least a marketable trade with a potential for income?
      Thanks.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Tell me about it. I'm a fair-weather rider and lately I've been lucky if I get to commute by motorbike to work 2-3 days out of the week.

On the plus side, the rivers have been high and fast, which is good if you like kayaking.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

2-3 days sounds kinda risky, for getting rain sprayed dirt all over your bike.
          Meh, takes a half hour to clean all that stuff off. Probably salty too. I use WD40 to shine up the chrome mufflers.

Comment

Well that's why I ride an ugly, unrestored L model. A little bit of dirt only improves the cosmetics.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Chicago's into its cloudiest June in 122 years. Not that I remember them all...
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
              X