Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running out of rev...

image.jpg
    Gadday all. I just did a track day on my GS850. The issue I'm having is I'm under geared.
    Wonder if there are ways to improve the top speed. 2.9 final drive would help but wouldn't be enough.
    Is there gearbox mods I can do or changes to ratio's.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2015, 04:55 AM.

Track day on an 850? You are quite the masochist.

The only thing I can think of to change your ratio would be the 2.9 rear end from the later 1100G.

Beyond that, you would be better off getting a bike that is better-suited for track use.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome to the site, Chupper.
      I can't help you with gearing but i would like to see some more pics/info on your bike.
      What is the front end from?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi. It was a track day for the club. Lots of old bikes were there in different catagories. This is my cafe but I'm a rider not a polisher so all my bikes are used. This was extreme for me but once dicided it was all or nothing. LoL.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Welcome to the site, Chupper.
          I can't help you with gearing but i would like to see some more pics/info on your bike.
          What is the front end from?
          Frt is off a GSXR1100. Turns and stops like a cutting horse. I'm a mechanic and can say this is the best tuned GS850 in Aus. It was flat out with nothing left so needs another gear. No it's not the best bike for the track but for the category it was fantastic. It will be going again so have to sort something out before I end up wearing a piston for a head piece. image.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X