Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any opinions on the Rossi ordeal?

No signature

A big time F up for sure. Let the emotions cloud his judgement.
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Ain't that video more than 5 years old?
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Ain't that video more than 5 years old?
        Lol...probably older. It's from a movie and has been used for lighter purposes many many times. Some are quite funny. A lot make fun of diferrrent brands of motorcycles.
        No signature

Comment

That video was funny as they always are. So what is the controversy ? Ever since the channel with racing on it disappeared I haven't kept up..............
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

After the Malaysian GP Pre-Event Press Conference Rossi spoke to the Italian media about his comments on Marquez helping out Lorenzo.

The video Garth,

In an intense battle for 3rd place, Rossi & Marquez come together resulting in Marquez crashing out.---------------Subscribe to MotoGP on YouTube: http://goo...

Valentino Rossi will start the final race of the MotoGP season from the back of the grid after appearing to kick rival Marc Marquez during a dramatic Malaysian Grand Prix.
            No signature

Comment

Thanks Trev. I watched it a couple of times and it sure looks like he gave him a kick. I'll still cheer for Rossi though { I always cheer for the old farts }
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                That video was funny as they always are. So what is the controversy ? Ever since the channel with racing on it disappeared I haven't kept up..............

Rossi didn't like Marquez bugging him, so he forced him wide and gave him the boot.

IBA# 12860
                Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                1984 KZ1100R
                2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                2011 Concours 1400

Comment

I don't see anything that is conclusive evidence as to why the rider fell,...they were lierally on top of each other,...and as such think you have to let it slide(?!).

Rossi got really screwed on this IMO and as a multiple world champion and current points leader deserves, yes, better, consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by TiiMuch View Post
                    I don't see anything that is conclusive evidence as to why the rider fell,...they were lierally on top of each other,...and as such think you have to let it slide(?!).

Rossi got really screwed on this IMO and as a multiple world champion and current points leader deserves, yes, better, consideration.
                    It looks to me like he uses his knee to lift under Marquez handle bar, it would take very little effort to bring him off and he definitely manoeuvres himself into position. Completely deliberate.
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TiiMuch View Post

He was intentionally pushed up towards the apron of track. I don't know about the knee thing but the push into the apron was very intentional and anyone who has been on a track will tell you that due to dirt and rubber marbles being pushed into that area by the racers there isn't much traction out there. It's a place you really don't want to be. Very intentional and obvious blocking which is not allowed. Penalty should stand as far as I'm concerned.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Probably the most balanced analysis of Sepang and what led up to it I've read. It is a very long article and avoids simple conclusions.

Net is MotoGP and everyone involved were losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray916MN View Post
                          Probably the most balanced analysis of Sepang and what led up to it I've read. It is a very long article and avoids simple conclusions.

Net is MotoGP and everyone involved were losers.
                          Great article. Too bad egos get in the way. I just can't stand Lorenzo and his ten cent head....
                          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Two prima donnas got their knickers twisted up their cracks.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                              Two prima donnas got their knickers twisted up their cracks.
                              +1 - Nobody should never let their ego take over the riding of any motorcycle.
                              IBA# 12860
                              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                              1984 KZ1100R
                              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Working...
                              X