Reasons why TT racing is WAY better than Formula one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons why TT racing is WAY better than Formula one

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/5-reasons-why-tt-riders-are-better-than-f1-drivers/

I'm known for posting lots of sh*t politically wise but I post lots of sh*t that is cool. And trust me, this is cool!
    Last edited by trevor; 11-21-2015, 12:47 AM.
    No signature

Excellent article, Trevor. Thanks for posting.
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
      Excellent article, Trevor. Thanks for posting.
      You are welcome. Got love TT riders, they are a breed of their own for sure.
      No signature

Comment

I went to many TT races in Peoria and (now gone) Sante Fe Speedway, as well as many flat track races. If you have never been to live TT race you need to go for great racing where you can see racers on whole track, not just one corner. And for the record the best (biased) type of riding to see is Trials. All others are close, but good trials riders are amazing.

Haha I just watched video and saw you are taking about road racing. I grew up in Midwest where TT,flat track, and short track racing are big. The TT racing I was taking about is dirt racing.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2015, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Good link, really do like Guy Martin real down to earth man, thanks for the link
          1981 GS1000g

Comment

Going to an Isle of Mann TT is a genuine bucket list event for me - just got to figure out how to pull it off.....
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I don't like watching TT racing like isle of Man stuff. The riders are skilled and brave, but I don't get off watching some guy risking his life for the sake of sport. Pass.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

A little chaffing on the foreskin...that'll slow you down! That's what makes these guys different--no fear at the speeds reached and no holding back on describing the ride!

I do appreciate what these guys do but much to my dismay, dislike seeing tragic accidents. It's their decision to be in a dangerous sport and put their lives in danger for a passion they love. It's not understood by everyone but BOY does it look like fun from a video camera.

Thanks for sharing Trevor!

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 11-24-2015, 11:50 AM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Go help mommy while daddy kicks some arse.

American TT is a flat track oval with 1 right turn and a jump, however this is a completely different animal altogether.

you are born with the go fast gene or you are not, and those who do not have it will never understand and should stay on the porch. - no under the porch

I have the isle of man video game on playstation but that is as close as I'll ever get. unless I'm lucky enough to win the lottery!

I dunno ? maybe he should wear some underwear in the leathers.
                  SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Hey Trip... Trlsrider and I must have been at some of the same races at Santa Fe Speedway(Chicago) in the early 70's. It was a wild time. I pitted for a guy named John Lemme. He rode a Bultaco Pursang and was real fast. Anyway hope you had fun in the snow.
                    Curt
                    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I hear all about that place all the time from the old timers - funny Bulltacos' are the most popular restoration projects going on right now - replating, powder coating , lacing up wheels etc....

however if they did a European style tourist trophy street race around here that would be very exciting! we miss you up here bud! Happy Thanksgiving! the KX still has ice tires and sunnoco from last year in it - been sitting waiting for jack frost to get back in town - you got a bike to ride any time you visit - I blowded up the clutch in your ES !! Now I'm going to make it better than before!

not the 6 million dollar GS more like the $24.95 nervous slapper -- it's new nick name - nervous slapper I like saying it,,, nervous slapper lol
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Many would add a 6th reason as well, these guys are TOTALLY INSANE. I've watched some one on one interviews with car drivers who were asked if they would ever consider bike racing. Most common response was hell no those guys are insane. I like insane with these guys, very entertaining I would say.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Yeah, well; if any of you fancy getting to watch the TT in person, you'd better make it soon-ish. For years, the more vocal incomers to the IoM have been agitating to get it stopped. Fortunately, the real residents throw the idea back into the drain every time it comes up, but sooner or later, the incomers will get their way as the population changes and it's full of old farts and old women who were born male.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                            American TT is a flat track oval with 1 right turn and a jump, however this is a completely different animal altogether.

you are born with the go fast gene or you are not, and those who do not have it will never understand and should stay on the porch. - no under the porch

I have the isle of man video game on playstation but that is as close as I'll ever get. unless I'm lucky enough to win the lottery!

I dunno ? maybe he should wear some underwear in the leathers.
                            I completely agree!! I have raced several different disiplines, motorcycles, gocarts, drag and circle track cars. "SPEED THRILLS"
                            When I go for a ride I'm always looking for ,,,,the apex!!!
                            But these guys, truly insane!

Comment

Very entertaining Trever thanks for posting. On a side note your political post are entertaining also.
                              81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X