Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotoGp in Brno Czech Republic Aug 21st I'm going!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotoGp in Brno Czech Republic Aug 21st I'm going!

My wife, son and I are off to Italy tomorrow.....Taking the ferry to Vancouver...bus to the airport....fly to London...fly to Pisa...train to Florence....yikes!
    Staying in Florence...then renting a car on the 20th and driving 1000kms to Brno for the race on Sunday...Can't wait!
    Any tips on things I can't miss in and around Florence? Bike museums??

Cheers
    No signature

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Any tips on things I can't miss
    Leaning tower ? That sounds like one hell of a trip ! Have fun and take pics !

Good googly ! I'm looking at a map and that's quite a drive. Id side step Vienna and spend a day in Bratislava. Unbelievable city !
    Last edited by bonanzadave; 08-06-2016, 02:26 PM.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      Leaning tower ? That sounds like one hell of a trip ! Have fun and take pics !

Good googly ! I'm looking at a map and that's quite a drive. Id side step Vienna and spend a day in Bratislava. Unbelievable city !
      thanks Dave, I will look up Bratislava , maybe we could leave Friday from Florence instead. Yes the road trip to Brno looks awesome!
      No signature

Comment

We spent a week on the Danube a couple years ago. Bratislava was the highlight. One of my wife's co-workers and his wife drove from Passau (river boat port) to Rome in a rented Beemer. Said it was the drive of a lifetime.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 08-06-2016, 04:42 PM.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

My sister and I bicycled from Vienna to Budapest back in 2005. We passed through Slovakia. Bizarre country. The most beautiful women I have ever seen, but NATO was in session, so it was like a war convention with all the military presence. We stayed in a crazy hostel called the Spirit Hotel. Totally fun place to hang out for the night.

Regarding Florence: I think it is one of the absolute gems of Italy. Obviously, you have to see the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi. But also, you should find Neptune's Fountain in the Piazza della Signoria, see the Museo Galileo, and the Medici Chapels. For food, make sure you get gelatto at Carapina and dinner at Trattoria Zaza. If you have the time for Pisa (where there really isn't much to see), you should consider a more extended visit to Cinque Terre and all of its great little towns.
          Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 08-06-2016, 04:46 PM.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

We spent a week on the Danube a couple years ago. Bratislava was the highlight. One of my wife's co-workers and his wife drove from Passau (river boat port) to Rome in a rented Beemer. Said it was the drive of a lifetime.

Dave, that's Parliament in Budapest.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              The most beautiful women I have ever seen.
              +1

82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

+1

Yes. It was stunning. I thought France had a lock on the most gorgeous women, but Bratislava simply crushed it.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Great info Mason...Beautiful pics Dave! The women....I see I will be wearing my sunglasses a lot. Lol...
                  I have talked my wife into leaving Florence on Friday now to take a couple days to get to Brno...take our time and see the sights along the way. I think we will be staying north of Slovakia on our way though.
                  No signature

Comment

Yes. Our little boat trip was from Passau to, Linz, Durnstein, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and back again.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

My family is from Budapest. I still have aunts there, so I go back every couple of years. Budapest deserves its reputation as the Pearl of the Danube. Too bad its government is such s#it.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        My family is from Budapest. I still have aunts there, so I go back every couple of years. Budapest deserves its reputation as the Pearl of the Danube. Too bad its government is such s#it.
                        My wife went to Budapest with her mom in May...loved it!
                        No signature

Comment

It's such a great city. Where Bucharest essentially just bulldozed the effects of WWII, Hungary rebuilt, but they left the scars visible. The city has deep character.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

We went on 10 day jaunt to Venice, Florence & Rome last fall. Never been to Italy before - had a fantastic time. Don't forget to see David!
                            All the restaurants we ate at were great and relatively cheap! And you have to have a least two gelati each day.
                            Have a great time!
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

What a piece of over priced, euro trash, ego trip machine you are..... MotoGP..... a far, far cry from little ol' Maire Meadows eh. Have a great time you guys and don't get pick pocketed!
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                              X