Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossi is Out Of Action

Just saw this and it looks like Rossi won't be racing for a bit

MotoGP racer Valentino Rossi broke his leg in two places in an off-road motorcycle accident on Thursday.

The seven-time world champion was training with riders from his VR46 academy in Italy when he crashed his enduro motorcycle and fractured both the tibia and fibia in his right leg. He was operated on overnight at the Riuniti hospital in Anaconda and says he wants to get back to racing “as soon as possible.”
    The 38-year-old also crashed a motorcross bike in May, but didn’t suffer any serious injuries.
    "The surgery went well. This morning, when I woke up, I felt already good," Rossi said Friday.
    A metal pin was inserted in Rossi's leg to hold the bones together. It was the same leg the 38-year-old Italian broke in 2010
    Raffaele Pascarella, the surgeon who operated on Rossi, said the procedure "went perfectly."
    "Valentino is doing well and I think that's the most important thing for us and his fans," Pascarella said.
    The accident came days after Rossi finished third in the British Grand Prix in his 300th race in the premier class.
    Rossi, who has finished runner-up the past three seasons, is fourth in the MotoGP standings, 26 points behind leader Andrea Dovizioso.
    Rossi has won seven titles in the top class -- his first in 500cc and then six in MotoGP -- plus two more championships in the lower classes
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

I broke mine also on a bike/deer collision. Foot twisted and broke the same bones also in what is called a spiral fracture. That is were it twist's and then snaps. I am glad both these posts had good Dr.'s. I was in a wheel chair for 5 weeks(bad) and out of work for 3 mo( good right?) Not a contest, but they do heal up pretty well and it is rather common. It is why I now wear steel toe boots, saved that foot's big toe.
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

yep, he is returning at Aragon, according to official Rossi press release today.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
        Race mags are suggesting Rossi will return at Aragon.
        So that means this weekend then. Wow! Hope he doesn't fall off again before the leg is properly healed.

At the last race the commentators mentioned that Marquez went down three times during practice that week (or something to that effect). Marquez is gonzo; he seems to push the control envelop farther than anyone else. Rossi seems to keep more in reserve; his skill is to go fast but with a higher likelihood of not crashing. Quite a different approach it seems.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yeah, hasn't been declared fit to race yet though and seems he won't be until he gets to the circuit. From what I read, VDM will be there to fill in anyway if needed.
          It's smoke that make electronic components work.
          Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
          '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
          '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
          '82 GS1000SZ
          '82 GS1100GL
          '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

He will race.
            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Rossi seems to keep more in reserve; his skill is to go fast but with a higher likelihood of not crashing. Quite a different approach it seems.
              Age 24 vs 38! Bikes are quite different too.. the Honda is meant to be an animal to ride, lots more Honda crashes than Yamaha this last couple of seasons it seems.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Valentino Rossi has been officially passed fit to ride in this weekend's Aragon MotoGP, after a medical test at the circuit on Thursday."This afternoon Valentino Rossi successfully completed a mandatory medical examination carried out by MotorLand Aragón's Chrief Medical Officer, Clemente Millan," said a Movistar Yamaha statement."He declared that the nine-time World Champion is fit to ride, 21 days after sustaining a leg injury.

"The Italian will take part in the FP1 session tomorrow."Michael van der Mark will remain on standby should Rossi decide to withdraw after trying his healing leg in free practice.
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                X