Moto America 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moto America 2020

I went to the Moto America race in Pittsburgh (Actually Wampum Pennsylvania). Man do these guys fly! That Cameron Beaubier in the Honos Super Bike class, he got the hole shot and never looked back. However, a good race for 2ed 3ed 4th. At the Dunlop tire changing tent, they had a tire pressure gauge standard. A device to check your pressure gauge to their standard. I went back to my motorcycle to get my pencil stick gauge. It was within a pound of the standard! I took a picture of the device, but for some reason I can't copy it to here... Anyway, I'm going back tomorrow for some more race action... Oh, that pic loaded go figure. I like the girl with the mask on. 😉
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Awesome! Glad to hear US based motorcycle racing is alive and well this year.
    Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
    2006 GSXR 750

Comment

I'm really wanting to go to Indy in October for it but think I'm going to do something else instead at the end of this month (more to come).
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
        Awesome! Glad to hear US based motorcycle racing is alive and well this year.
        It's alive but i don't think it's been well for a couple of decades....
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

They're here in the NW this weekend @ The Ridge Motorsports Park.

Fans were allowed up until about 2 weeks ago, when a decision was made to cancel fans attending.
          Some theories about why...was it the virus or the facility not ready for the quantity of people attending & camping + the new 2 turn chicane added at the end of the front straight to, I guess slow the liter bikes down.

The old configuration was more enjoyable in my opinion, due to being able to hit 6th gear if you dare before braking.
          The mental faculties need to be on high alert at the end of the front straight, which was a never ending challenge to accomplish.

With our weather, it's really only a 6 month a year track- best case scenario, so I suppose some of the upgrades get backlogged.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
            They're here in the NW this weekend @ The Ridge Motorsports Park.

Fans were allowed up until about 2 weeks ago, when a decision was made to cancel fans attending.
            Some theories about why...was it the virus or the facility not ready for the quantity of people attending & camping + the new 2 turn chicane added at the end of the front straight to, I guess slow the liter bikes down.

The old configuration was more enjoyable in my opinion, due to being able to hit 6th gear if you dare before braking.
            The mental faculties need to be on high alert at the end of the front straight, which was a never ending challenge to accomplish.

With our weather, it's really only a 6 month a year track- best case scenario, so I suppose some of the upgrades get backlogged.
            About the track changes on the straights, after all the problems with brakes wearing out before race end for MotoGP bikes in Austria, yeah bikes are getting too fast for the tracks.
            Superbikes have super crashes.
            All because the bikes are getting super fast, safety fencing going up is making the tracks ugly, and having to move spectators way back too.
            I was looking over the race results for MotoGP, sure would like to some Americans in there. Remember the 80s & 90s.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Signed up for $9.99 Moto America 1 event streaming pass yesterday, coming away very impressed with coverage, camera work, commentary & racing action.

The 600's were only off 4 seconds or so of the Superbikes.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

It looks like another Beaubier run away again... Matt Schultz picked up a 4th place finish good for him.I really
                like the Westby organization. I'm thinking about going to New Jersey in two weeks. I'm really liking this Moto America Race Organization. The pits are so open, you can talk to the racers... Everyone is so happy you are there. Moto America 👍
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Just finished up watching Sunday's Moto America racing @ the Ridge, good stuff!
                  Seems weird they were actually here at my local isolated track, interesting watching them lap it.
                  Never before seen camera angles, showed a totally different perspective not apparent when on the track.
                  Some exciting battles + many off track excursions .

Doing a measly trackday there on Tuesday 9/1, hoping for minimal participants mid week.

Comment

Working...
                  X