A-1 Ring crash MotoGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-1 Ring crash MotoGP

Probably seen already by most enthusiasts.

The activity is already dangerous w/o this sort of stuff happening.

So much expensive motorcycle carnage.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Yes, I saw that and amazing. I like this video that includes a post race interview with Rossi:
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Watched that many times and the fact the two of them escaped the carnage is amazing.
      ...."i feel something arrive".... a motorcycle flying past your head.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        ...a motorcycle flying past your head.
        Call the pit crew. Tell them to change my tires and my panties. That is scary.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yeah pretty crazy. You can see he stands the bike up to clear some track debris right after the bike goes through. The other bike is further in front of him than it looks on the other shots... Lucky lucky lucky...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

For sale - Excellent Bobber Project

Barn find round the back of the pits. Make excellent chop or bobber for someone willing to put the hours in.
            All the tedious work of removing bits already done. Just weld and go.

---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              Barn find round the back of the pits. Make excellent chop or bobber for someone willing to put the hours in.
              All the tedious work of removing bits already done. Just weld and go.

Top secret stuff there, even if balled up like a dead fly in a spider web.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Stuff really crumbles up at 180MPH

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Ed, I can't watch that. It says that Dorna has blocked viewing.

Ah, nevermind. The YT link works.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

The more you look at it - the freakier it becomes....

Current:
                      Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
                      VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
                      And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

The track layout at that point is poor. Yes, there's a long gravel trap - which will work for cars that go out there. But demonstrably, bikes can skate over it.

I'd pick that a bank will appear at the end of the gravel trap. Air fence to be in place for bike racing too.

I'd have questions for whoever approved it. There's a similar kink has been added to a circuit here part way along the main straight. You'd never get through the walls that were put there to stop cars doing just what these bikes did.

Comment

Looks like the corner workers almost got their heads taken off!

Comment

I was pretty impressed at how fast the track was modified to prevent that from happening again at that corner. I also thought that race direction was acting completely properly both in that race and the next one when they so quickly red flagged the races when faced with big accidents. So, from my perspective...well done to the track and the Dorna organization for bring on top of things and making rider safety a priority. That sure wasn't how things were back in the old days.
                            Chris
                            current fleet:
                            1976 Honda GL1000 - 1978 Suzuki GS1000C - 1979 Suzuki GS1000S - 1981 Honda CM400C
                            1986 Suzuki RG500G - 1988 BMW R100RS - 1991 BMW K100RS - 1997 Suzuki GSF1200

Comment

Working...
                            X