Need to remove your turn signals? Try this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to remove your turn signals? Try this:

Instead of watching the turn signal mounting shaft spin inside the plastic casing as you try to undo the nut to no avail, do this instead: Take a flatblade screwdriver that's just small enough to jam into the exposed nut end of the shaft with the wires hanging out, hammer it in there so it holds on tight, then hold the screwdriver from turning while you use a wrench to break the nut free. For more leverage, put some pliers on the screwdriver to hold it better.

A hacksaw also works good and is even quicker. But your method leaves the part in a reusable state

Good tip man. I pictured it in my head while you were explaining it.

Comment

A cutting torch does a pretty good job too but as Hoomgar said its not that useable later

Comment

I just wait until mine fall off on thier own. Or I drop the bike- that usually takes 'em off real good.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Taking the bike at an angle through a narrow chainlink gate would work well too. Do one side then go back through and do the other. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
          X