Tool storage on bike, bare minimum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool storage on bike, bare minimum

These two tools (10 mm combination wrench, 1 foot long phillips screw driver) should be able to get you out of most situations where parts are not needed. I wouldn't leave civilisation without them. Feel free to duct tape a few fuses to your airbox as well.

Steve

Nice rust-free seat pan. In a few weeks you should have plenty of holes for all the tools you neeed.

Comment

Hi

What do you have in the tool box???
      Food or sigars ???

Comment

I bet the toolbox got pilfered a good 20 years ago! I have a more in depth toolkit that I carry when travelling and that one has a handgun for stopping people that won't help me. :twisted:

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Re: Tool storage on bike, bare minimum

I say invest in a good leatherman

Comment

Is there such thing as a "Good" leatherman? I like the Gerber Multi-Tool!

Just ribbing you a little!
            Kenny

Comment

That thing saved me so many times. I'm sure the Gerber would have done the same

Originally posted by KennyJ
              Is there such thing as a "Good" leatherman? I like the Gerber Multi-Tool!

Just ribbing you a little!
              Kenny

Comment

At the risk of sounding ignorant - these bikes came with a toolkit? Or was this just a really obvious joke and it went right over my head...

Comment

All bikes came with tool kits buddy. Most of them worthless cheap stamp outs.

Comment

Wow, learn something new everyday. So what sort of tools would have been in it, and where was it parked?

Comment

Wrenches, screw drivers, special tools for shocks, etc.. all cheap tools. Some had air pressure gauges and other things. Usually mounted somewhere under the seat or in the tail section. Sometimes in the bottom of the seat. Various spots. It varried. You aren't missing anything. Your better off putting together your own. I myself have been riding for 23 years and never needed one. It sure wouldn't hurt to have one though.

Comment

That's basically why I asked. I've been planning to put one together and hadn't realized that there was a factory set. I'll just need to figure out what I need most and where to put it. There's a SMALL amount of space behind the seat in the tail section, or I might be able to arrange something where the factory air cleaner housing was (pods now).

Comment

That spot in the tail section is where your's was when new.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
                            Nice rust-free seat pan. In a few weeks you should have plenty of holes for all the tools you neeed.
                            LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by fastpakr
                              Wow, learn something new everyday. So what sort of tools would have been in it, and where was it parked?
                              This eBay listing is pretty typical of what was in the factory kit. Not a real good picture, but you get the idea...

The flat thing on the left slid on the wrench handles to give you more leverage, the thing on the top right is the handle for the screwdrivers, and I'm not sure what that thing is at the top in the center.

Comment

Working...
                              X