Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road worthy stereo

Hey guys, gals, and other? 8O ,

I am working on mounting speakers on my handlebars. I shopped around for some ready made ones and found that they are ridiculously expensive. The cheapest amplified speakers I found cost around $400! I thought I would try some home engineering and see what I could come up with. I found that most computer speakers run on DC out of a wall-wart. So I bought a 5 dollar pair of amplified computer speakers and dismantled them. I am still experimenting and will post updates as I go. The 12 watt amp from the speakers is audible, but just barely. I am going to try daisy chaining two of them to see what happens. This is an early breadboard stage project, but I will keep you updated and if anyone has any input, feel free to speak up.

Rich

sound on a bike

if you dont have a fairing it will take quite a lot of watts to hear the sound in anything but very slow speed. Mounting a pair of thin speakers in your helmet may work more effectively and can be wired into an intercom or FRS radio for bike to bike chat. Wind noise always drowns out most audio.

Comment

Working...
    X