HJC visors that open at speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJC visors that open at speed

I was having a problem with my Sy-Max visor opening when I was doing "head checks" or looking to the side at speeds above about 40mph.

I thought maybe it was just a flaw I'd have to live with or find a work about too but then it dawned on my to (duh!) check the website!

I removed and reinstalled the visor. Problem solved! Now it stays put and the ratchet mechanism is much more positive.

/\/\ac

Had the same issue buddy. Only I solved it by tinkering but the same thing. If that visor is not in it's exact proper position it doesn't work right. And it can be in wrong. In my case the little tab/hook that goes under the track was on top on the right hand side instead of under it. You could not tell by just looking at the helmet. Close inspection revealed it though. I think it happened one time when I let the helmet fall off the bike.

Comment

I was thinking about that on the way home tonight and came back to edit...but you beat me too it.

If you visor ratchets but still doesn't stay down check the tabs like Hoomgar said. I had one loose from the time I got the helmet...on wonder if this is how HJC got its bad rep for loose visors?

Mine works great now, no problems at up to 75mph which is as fast as I've been so far on the bike. (Hey, I've only put 300mi on it!)

/\/\ac

P.s. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods the week Hoomgar! I'm headed to Atlanta and staying in Harrisburg or Frederick, MD on Wed. night.

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic
        P.s. I'm going to be in your neck of the woods the week Hoomgar! I'm headed to Atlanta and staying in Harrisburg or Frederick, MD on Wed. night.
        Well your certainly welcome to stop by and say hi and sit a spell but the only thing with Wed. night (tonight) is that it is the last night of the HTE (Hunter Trapper Education) course that I am taking my son to and tonight is the test so we wont be home until late. So if your still in the area for Thursday afternoon/evening and wanted to pop in you'd be welcome for sure.

Either way, have a safe trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
          Well your certainly welcome to stop by and say hi and sit a spell but the only thing with Wed. night (tonight) is that it is the last night of the HTE (Hunter Trapper Education) course that I am taking my son to and tonight is the test so we wont be home until late. So if your still in the area for Thursday afternoon/evening and wanted to pop in you'd be welcome for sure.

Either way, have a safe trip!
          Thanks Hoomgar, I'll wave one frozen hand on the way by! Brr...36f right now in Harrisburg. I'm headed down 15 to 29 NW of D.C. and then to Greensboro for the night and ATL the next day.

/\/\ac

Comment

Kind of reviving an old thread here, but I just bought a new CL SP and it has a lock switch on the side that keeps the visor from opening. It must be an HJC thing, Ive never heard of it happening with other brands.

Comment

as weird as it may sound I have a hard time keeping my visor open... I have an AC-11 and usually ride around with the visor open to the first(lowest) position... I know when i'm hitting over 65MPH because the visor sucks shut.

Comment

Working...
              X