No announcement yet.

Help Fogging Faceshield while riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add another vote for dishwashing liquid. This trick is widely used by hockey players with plexiglass face shields. If it works on a frozen ice surface with sweating and heavy breathing it will probably work in any weather you'll ride in. Plus it's very cheap. Pick up a small sample bottle at the store and it will be small enough to carry in your pocket or put in a tank bag. This will be enough to last a couple years as it takes very little to protect the shield. In a pinch liquid soap (found in almost any public restroom these days) works almost as well.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by omaharj
      Will those work on other brands of full face? Like my M2R?
      It fit in my old HJC and My Z1R. I would think it would fit in anything. Not for sure though.

Comment

I tend to fog up my shield a lot too. The product I use is fogtech http://www.fogtech.com/

It's the easiest to use for me as some of the other anti-fog solutions require some elbow grease and doesn't last long till my shield starts fogging up again. With this I apply it and let it dry.

Granted it is definitely not the cheapest way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          I ride with my snowmobile helmet if it's under 40. Heated faceshield. Anyone who rides any serious amount in the winter should spend a few hundred for one.
          Even simply a S/M dual lens shield works perfect. Problem is you tend to get night time "halos" around streetlights. That's the reason dual lens shileds are not DOT compliant. But it's ok to be doing a buck down a narrow straight sled trail at midnight???!!! I swap my shield over to a dual lens anyway during early spring, and late fall for street riding anyways.
          Rich

Comment

I emailed HJC to ask why the heated snowshields are marked "Not for Street Use" and tehy said becasue they aren't impact resistant. WTF?? I hit trees and branches every few miles on the sled, sometimes at 80 miles an hour, but only once in a blue moon get hit in the face while on the street. A dual lens alone does not save me from fogging at all, I need the heated shield.
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
              A dual lens alone does not save me from fogging at all, I need the heated shield.
              Stop breathing so much.

Anyway you are right, even a dual shield will fog. If you ever need the female RCA helmet jacks, let me know I have a ton of extras, hell I might even hard wire one into the Clam GS..... I didn't really think of that!

Comment

I've got two wired into the bike- one for the GPS, one for the cellphone charger. In the winter I go without one or the other.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My $0.02

I personally have to say that shaving cream works the best of all methods so far in the cheap range. Just take a generous amount of your regular, run-of-the-mill cream, like barbasol, or even gilette (try to avoid gel style, cream/foam works best)... and spread it on your visor (inside). Wait 15 minutes and wipe clean to remove all smears. Works for me (I even do it to my mirrors in the bathroom, no fogged mirror!), and it lasts about 1 - 2 weeks depending on the amount of riding I do, which is alot cause I sold my car and never want another one!

Comment

Working...
                  X