No announcement yet.

Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of pricey, but these are REALLY good. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weath...31072099QQrdZ1

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
      You need to post this in the Technical Forum. Except for the tach I would tell you to start with the fuses. But the tach is mechanically driven. That it would go out the same time as the lights makes no sense.

Repost in the tech section and we will get to the bottom of it.
      Don an 83 has an electronic tacho, all 16v GS's run electronic tacho's, so this is definitely an electrical issue.

Dink

Comment

The ES's had electric tacho's? My 83 E is driven off the cam, and it's 16v.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by greggo2208 View Post
          I'm new to the GS resources, and new to the GS world period. I recently bought an 83 GS 750ES. Things were good until my ride to work this morning. Out of nowhere, my tach quit working, along with all my lights except the headlight. No turn indicators on instrument cluster, no gear indicator, no neutral indicator.. Nothing? Any one have any ideas where to start trying to track down the issue?
          Originally posted by dpep View Post
          You need to post this in the Technical Forum. Except for the tach I would tell you to start with the fuses. But the tach is mechanically driven. That it would go out the same time as the lights makes no sense.

Repost in the tech section and we will get to the bottom of it.
          Originally posted by Dink View Post
          Don an 83 has an electronic tacho, all 16v GS's run electronic tacho's, so this is definitely an electrical issue.

Dink
          Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          The ES's had electric tacho's? My 83 E is driven off the cam, and it's 16v.
          The T, ET, EX, LT, ED and EZ 16 valve GS models have mechanical tachs. The ESD and Katanas have electronic tachometers.

Comment

Working...
          X