tool for shock removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tool for shock removal

I made up a t shaped handle tool for taking apart shocks it is supposed too be a 19 mm bolt head that you fit inside there.

first take apart your shock according to the repair manual.

Then lay it on the bench like this.

Now use your hex key or allen wrench on the bottom and it should turn out pretty easy. it did on mine.

Assemble your seals then use the tool tighten it back down.

I am going too offer this tool to any member too use for free. Just you pay for shipping too your place and then back too mine is all I ask.
    The tool will be available too anyone who doesn't know or have the equipment too weld.
    I have a pump extractor too, but the height is not the same as my 1100. Your welcome too use it if you can figure out how much fluid too extract.
    Mailing address
    Wittenberg Wisc
    Tool is available now if you need it.

Nice setup,......i'll keep it in mind................

..............and when i need it can i borrow a tool to get my forks off and in position on a nice long table too? :-D

Comment

manual suggests impact tool

you can also just but a hex bit or allen wrench and us a hammer to make really sudden movements when tightening and loosening. The hard part is getting the bolt started, which I bet this tool would help with.
      Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

I used a piece of threaded rod with two nuts jamed together on each end

Comment

gr8 post Cyg

cheers m8
          p.s. I wont even begin to tell ya what I thort this thread was about....
          Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2006, 04:29 AM.

Comment

I used an impact wrench to disassemble my forks. No special tools were necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X