Photo Posting on Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Posting on Forums

Here are a couple of great photo tips for you to use on the forums.
    There are free online Photo Hosting sites that you can put your photos then you can just put a link to the photo in the forums. The great thing about this is that you are only limited to your hosted sites size limits. As far as the forums are concerned you are just posting a few bytes of text. It saves forums storage capacity and bandwidth.

Here are two that I use.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Learn more about where you can find your photos.

If you want to share an entire album then Google's Picasa Web albums is the way to go. I prefer Photobucket because I can limit access to the single photo I am referring. Once you upload your photos there are links below the photos that you can click on and it automatically does a text copy (i.e Cntrl + C) then on the forums all you have to do is to do a (Cntrl + V) to paste the link. If you use the bottom link of the 3 (img code) then on the forums it will appear as your full photo. Also the beauty of it is that you do not have to edit your images for size and it is pretty easy to upload the images.

Example Here is me on my 1979 GS750E. (this is nothing more than an image link that has your browser pull the image from my off-site image storage site)
    Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM.

Originally posted by Roland View Post
    Here are a couple of great photo tips for you to use on the forums.
    There are free online Photo Hosting sites that you can put your photos then you can just put a link to the photo in the forums. The great thing about this is that you are only limited to your hosted sites size limits. As far as the forums are concerned you are just posting a few bytes of text. It saves forums storage capacity and bandwidth.

Here are two that I use.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Learn more about where you can find your photos.

If you want to share an entire album then Google's Picasa Web albums is the way to go. I prefer Photobucket because I can limit access to the single photo I am referring. Once you upload your photos there are links below the photos that you can click on and it automatically does a text copy (i.e Cntrl + C) then on the forums all you have to do is to do a (Cntrl + V) to paste the link. If you use the bottom link of the 3 (img code) then on the forums it will appear as your full photo. Also the beauty of it is that you do not have to edit your images for size and it is pretty easy to upload the images.

Example Here is me on my 1979 GS750E. (this is nothing more than an image link that has your browser pull the image from my off-site image storage site)
    Right on, Roland. I like to use photobucket myself, as do many folks here. There are other hosts as well. Learning to post pics is a "rite of passage" around here. It's always fun to watch Newb's get frustrated. Funny thing is once you figure it out, you wonder what the fuss was all about.

So what's the deal with that "thing" on your bike? It looks like a million candle power replacement headlight...or the worlds largest radar detector...(or maybe it's just a telescope in the background).

Comment

handle mounted telescope for checking out ur-anus?

Comment

Looking Ahead

LOL

Well everyone always tells me to be a safe rider you should always look out as far ahead as possible so that is the new Telescope Mod. It makes the bike a bit top heavy but hey I think I can see your house from here.

Just kidding. That is my telescope in the background. Each time I want to work on the bike I have to pull the telescope out of the way.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I was gonna say Air horn or Mortar launcher for that slow cager ya just cant get around.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
            So that's how I've been doing it all this time! :-D

Guess where, when, and who?

The great thing about this is that you are only limited to your hosted sites size limits.
            I always resize and compress my photos as a kindness to members with slow connections.
            As far as the forums are concerned you are just posting a few bytes of text. It saves forum storage capacity and bandwith.
            I don't think there is an option to upload pictures directly to the site?
            Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM.

Comment

after seeing his bike/reflector telescope,I have got to figure out a
              way to mount my Orion 12'' Dob telescope to my bike\\/ :-D \\/
              Great Idea !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
                  So that's how I've been doing it all this time! :-D

Guess where, when, and who?

Where? I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to say Planet Earth

When? Looks to be around 1981.

Who? Wes Cooley (If you're talking about the guy with the big "S" on his chest.

What do I win?!?!?!? Huh, huh?

Hap

Comment

The "Where" is Seattle. I got that from the KISW Rock 100 billboard. Also the wet track. It always rains in Seattle.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                    X