Thank You Stator Papers!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You Stator Papers!!!!!

Using the TS diagram, I went through a the GS650 that would kill the battery on high beam ~13.2 charging volts. Luckily it was bad red and black connections from the RR to the battery.

Tried it on another that had a charging voltage within spec (~13.8 volts). checket the voltage drops anyway and found a 0.6 volt drop in the positive line! Found the bad connection, put new connectors in (everything soldered), and now I have two bikes with 14+ volts.

The most useful part of this is the troubleshooting diagram - and it's towards the end. This should be flagged on it's own seperate link, because it is all one needs.

Although I did read the rest, and learned a lot.

Also, has anyone straightened out the rewinding section as far as which is correct?? Not that anyone will likely ever bother with this.
    Yamaha fz1 2007

Agreed, completely, The Stator Papers rock in making sense of this complex and (to some) scary aspect of motorcyle maintenance. I spent an hour or more readiing the articles just last night after figuring out my GS850 wasn't "gennin" no power into recharging the system.

That is one of the most comprehensive and considerate bit of work I've found on this big ole' internet thingie.

Thanks to the guys that put it together. I hope I can stick around long enough to be of similar value to others as they come around to GS life.

Comment

Home rewinding info
      Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Working...
      X