Home Paint Job with a Roller...No Kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Paint Job with a Roller...No Kidding

This looks really interesting, and since I am thinking about revising my paint job this winter I think I am going to try this:

Link to thread where this guy got the idea (go down about 10 posts)

Holy crap! That looks good! I thought you were joking.:-D

Comment

Very impressive work
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Wonder if you could do flames on the tank like that?

Comment

it looks really good. somehow i think gasoline would damage the paint on a motorcycle tank if this method were used. but it would be a cheap fix!

Comment

In one of the follow up links he mentions spilling gas on the paint on a hot day, and taking various hits from rocks over an eight month period with no problems.

Comment

the guys on my blazer forum found this last year.... many have tried it and loved the results. one guy painted a car like this like 5 years ago and it still looks good.

Comment

ah yes, he does! using Tremclad paint? seems like it is a Canadian Rustoleum...

Comment

That's unreal....and to think, I used spray cans...who would have thought...? Looks good!!

Comment

Wow - that is impressive. I saved the entire web page. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Thats too cool, I wonder if instead of using a roller one would use a spray gun if it would require a lot less sanding.

Comment

I think the whole point is to not use a spray gun.

I have done a fair amount of cheap car paint jobs, and it doesn't take too long to sand a whole car, once you get into it, and if you have the right tools (sanding blocks, etc.)

I think the sanding you would have to do on a bike would only take a couple minutes between coats.

Comment

At one time cars were painted with a brush. My brothers old LaSalle was painted by brush when it was new.

Comment

Working...
                          X