X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve shim storage

A 35 mm film canister works well.
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Great Idea, the Mess. I have just done my valves for the first time and have a number of spare shims lying around. Now I know what to do with them after they have been oiled to prevent corrosion.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
      A 35 mm film canister works well.
      35mm film... I thought that stuff went out with the dinosaurs...:-D

Comment

I'm still shooting 35 mm with an old Minolta manual focus complete w/ autowinder. It just sounds cool when you shoot a series of pictures and let the autowinder do it's thing.

I really didn't think I was old enough to be a dinosaur though. :-D

Comment

I have (had?) two 35s, both Nikons. Looked at one yesterday and saw that the battery cover had blown off from corroded batteries, which weren't that old. I don't know if it can be saved at reasonable cost.

Nice point-and-shoot camera. Water proof to about 30 feet, very nice f2.8 lens, good flash. I have a digital, but the quality of its photos doesn't come close. Hope that I can repair the Nikon.
          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

I store all my small things (nuts, bolts, shims etc.) in various sized transparent medication bottles so I can see what's in them.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
            X