Make your own leak down tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your own leak down tester

If you have an air compressor at home, you can easily build your own leakdown tester. If your compression test results worry you, use this to see if its valves, rings or gasket problems.
    Download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?elwnncxmgma
    Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2007, 04:40 AM.

Pretty cool once again thanks for the write up but I have a compression tester so all's good

Comment

Thanks, your comments prompted me to add that this is only helpful if the compression test shows a problem and you need to know if its piston, gasket or valves. With good compression figures, bike running good, no need to bother with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
        Thanks, your comments prompted me to add that this is only helpful if the compression test shows a problem and you need to know if its piston, gasket or valves. With good compression figures, bike running good, no need to bother with this.
        Ah well thank you then. I've been saving your write ups. Gonna make a folder one day with everything in. Your right ups and motorcycle tips that i've picked up along the way

Comment

a leak down test is different from a compression test
          so having a cpmpression tester is not the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by 83zuki View Post
            a leak down test is different from a compression test
            so having a cpmpression tester is not the same thing
            Thanks for highlighting that, that should clarify it, as some people may not be familiar with either type of test.

Comment

Harbor Freight Leak down testers

I found these two which are relatively cheap (one on sale for $29.00)
              I have not used either however between my compression testor and my compressor, I should be able to do the same test.

Thanks for the write up and explaination of usage.

Posplayr

Comment

Working...
              X