Pod covers? Do they exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pod covers? Do they exist?

Does anyone sell some sort of plastic or vinyl covers for the pod filters? Or has there ever been such a product?
    My carbs are being rebuilt by chef and I'm going with K & N pods that I will put on along with new intake boots and clamps when the carbs come back.
    I'm thinking ahead to when I want to wash the bike this season and how I can keep the pods from getting wet other than just covering them with plastic bags or just trying to avoid hitting them with the water. Also to keep moisture out during storage.

Cheers,
    RJ

RJ,

I sometimes cover the PODs with plastic bags when I wash the bike but I usually just try not to spray too much water directly at the PODs. I've never had any problems. The filter oil does a good job of keeping the water out. I've never worried about moisture during storage but I keep the bike in a heated garage.

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

K&N nylon bags with draw string. K&N manuf.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Found these on the web. The "Drychargers" are supposed to be water resistant. They don't have a specific one to fit my pods, I guess a person could make one of the other model numbers that are close work if one wanted to. Guess I'll just go with the plastic bags.

Select Air Filter Wraps to buy directly from K&N’s official site. PreCharger & DryCharger are specially made from polyester material that makes it highly durable.

Comment

I just use a standard T-shirt bag that you get at any retail store. It fits almost perfectly over all four. I always carry one around if I think it's gonna rain and I'm gonna be parked. I can't see spending extra money on something to cover them. Nice thing about the bag is you get to throw it away when it stops raining or you're done washing your bike. There's nothing more annoying than having to figure out where to store or hold one more thing while you're riding your motorcycle. The six pack of beer in between the legs is tricky enough.

DB

Comment

pod covers

If use just to keep dry while wash, latex gloves size large. easy to cary in tool pouch.SAN

Comment

Originally posted by darkbane View Post
              I just use a standard T-shirt bag that you get at any retail store. It fits almost perfectly over all four. I always carry one around if I think it's gonna rain and I'm gonna be parked. I can't see spending extra money on something to cover them. Nice thing about the bag is you get to throw it away when it stops raining or you're done washing your bike. There's nothing more annoying than having to figure out where to store or hold one more thing while you're riding your motorcycle. The six pack of beer in between the legs is tricky enough.

DB
              Dude!!! Wtf!!!

Beer helmet...duh? :-D

Just kidding folks, dont freak out on me...

Comment

Wow sounds like a great new business to get into "Pod Cozies" or "Pod Socks" (sounds like a baseball team from RI) or how bout "Pod Condoms" with extra sensitivity. Just kiddin

I've been running pods for 10s of thousands of miles and have never given a thought to them getting wet and I've been in some mega down pours while riding long distances. Never had an issue. The K&N goop you spray on them doesn't come off easily without their cleaner.

My problem is usually to much goop so having a little wash away isn't alway bad.

I don't point the hose at them or get soap on them but other than that I never give them a thought. How can you run the bike with plastic bags over the carb intakes doesn't it choke the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbane View Post
                  The six pack of beer in between the legs is tricky enough.

DB

ah see but thats why i had plastic sidebags on my old Kawasaki, we sealed em up, stopped at the store..instant coolers of ice and beer

Comment

Working...
                  X