Carb Cleaning Helpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Cleaning Helpers

Since my son and I have a few stringed musical thingies always laying around, I decided one day to save the snipped off ends of a newly replaced set of bass strings as well as guitar strings. Since I have air guns and airbrushes, I also have a few more things that will help in carb cleaning. You can find the first at any drug or grocery store. Go to the aisle that has toothpaste, dentu creme, etc, and find a set of small brushlike things that are advertised to help clean dentures between the individual teeth. You can get replacement brush heads for the handle in several sizes and lengths. 3 or 4 bucks. Harbor freight sells a comprehensive set of brushes to clean airguns, but the smallest 2 or 3 in the set will work with the larger passages in these carbs. I remember ALB80 once wrote a thread about using a stainless wire, and the round wound guitar strings would definitely have a "scrubbing" action when you push them back and forth through the small passages to help remove really caked gunk.
Working...
X