No announcement yet.

My experiences with Por-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this helps someone on the board. I received the following email for 10% off of POR-15 products for the month of may. If anyone was looking to buy anything from them, Just use the promo code and save a little money. I have used the cycle tank kit with great success. Again, hope this saves someone a little money!

Buy any POR-15 product in May and take 10% off your bill; that’s right, you heard me - 10%…and you can even place additional orders – as many as you like – as long as you do it by May 31st. Along with your order you’ll get our new 2008 56-page catalog which we hope’ll tempt you even more!

Call us toll-free (877-860-9956) and mention promotion code PCAA508 when you call or enter it on our on-line checkout page at por15.com. Remember, we’re always there for you toll-free for questions or to buy our great stuff. Give us a call today!

Comment

OK One thing to watch out for

With the Por paints you really need to read the direct ons, I know real men don't read directions, but with Por -15 you can then work on your biceps from all the sanding to have to do from screwups.

I had my frame sand blasted, then put 3 coats of Por 15 rust inhibitor, then 3 more coats of Grey hard nose paint, then decided on an aluminum color so 3 more coats of aluminum, sanded then one last final one.

In order to improve the final finish I sprayed with the Glisten PC, which is in the same family as the Hardnose paints. Both use Zelyne as a thinner, the Por -15 and engine paints use Por solvent.

I only let that last coat of Por-15 aluminum paint dry for 8 hours, and I was in a rush to go to dinner and when I sprayed the Glisten PC, I did it too fast and it caused the paint to wrinkle.

I called and they said, I should have had it fully cure (4 days), Also it would have helped to just fog on the first coat so that it would flash off real fast (same technique apparently used for decals to avoid wrinkling them) . Any way, sanded down that coat again today. I was considering stripping the whole thing again, but it was only a surface thing and after a thorough sanding with 320 grit it looks much better. I will put one more coat of the Hard nose Grey under the aluminum just to get it smooth as the hard nose paints really smooth out nicely.

Posplayr

Comment

Working...
      X