Green light switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green light switch?

This, if it works, could be a very useful item to have. I've definitely gotten stuck early in the morning on one of these red lights.

A cheaper alternative would be to get an old broken computer hard drive and pull the magnets from it. Super strong rare earth type. Bolt, weld or zip tie to your frame.

Alternatively, a lot of folks say you can trigger the light switch by rolling right up to the contact grid in the road and dropping your centerstand for a few seconds. I've tried it but never could tell if it really worked.

Some guys have been know to hop of the bike and hit the pedestrian crossing button and I've seen a couple ( tired of waiting) turn on the red when there was no through traffic.

Usually I just wait like the lemming I am.

Ride safe,
    Spyug

Comment

I thought we were all getting Cow Magnets......

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

The absolute BEST way to get the light to turn green for you is to contact either the police department or the highway maintenance department for that area to find out who is responsible for proper operaton of the lights. There is a sensitivity adjustment on the trigger coils. It is easy to change, you just need to motivate someone to get out there and do it. 8-[

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          I thought we were all getting Cow Magnets......

What in the sam hill is that supposed to be for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
            What in the sam hill is that supposed to be for?
            collects and keeps metal in the cow's first stomach so it doesn't pass down farther into their digestive system. cows are retarded. they WILL eat nails, stables, you name it.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with these?

Green Light Trigger

Comment

I just run the lights.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Bikes with Triggers get stuck at red lights far less often than those without.

unless they show some bonified 3rd party tests, they end up soundling like a bad informercial. might work, might not. at least it's cheap to try.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    I just run the lights.
                    Same here. I sit through it once and if a car doesn't come up behind me to trip it, I'm gone.

Comment

Me too

I just run the lights.
                      I do too. And, I do it on a very regular basis (and as recently as yesterday afternoon). I was ticketed for it a couple of years and won in court. I'm very careful to look for cops but I'm unwilling to waste a portion of my life being at the mercy of a malfunctioning machine that state employees are either unwilling or too lazy to fix.
                      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I just run the lights.
                        Ditto. Funny, there is one particular light that doesn't pick up my GS1000. But my GS1100 is not a problem. I guess there's just enough more metal on the bigger bike. Probably it's the stock exhaust system.

Comment

I have one of these

I use one of these magnets on my bike. I love it!! I have a stubborn traffic light at the major intersection nearest to my house. I used to have to wait for a car to pull up behind me, now I can pull up, and the light will start its cycle and switch over to a green for me.. Before the magnet I would have been there all night long. Now the light senses my bike, and changes accordingly.
                          This was one of the best $20 I ever spent on motorcycling...

Comment

Working...
                          X