carb prob. might not be carb ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb prob. might not be carb ..

this is really easy to do but hard to explain.. its a penny fix.
    try and follow me on this.
    mount on handle bar that the cable for the throttle.

if it is loose, thats the problem .(mean it woblels about.)the metalcable that is makes the cable go in the right direction)

(old bikes in particular)(like mine)

i couldnt get it set run high and then low almost to bog out if i wasnt careful.

i took a washer dremmeled out the middle a bit and then the edges to amke it fit . into the hole .just enogh to let the nipple ( bit on the end of the cable) pass through.
    i also reduced the edge to get it to fit at the bottom of the mount .

it worked a treat.. the only problem i can see is if the cable rubs against the washer. could cut it .. ill keep my eye open .hope this helps.

well cat got youre tounges?

where the arrow is put the washer there. then you can tighten it properly.

then you wont have any problems..
    how do i know this ....
    becuse i had no problems whats so ever.
    then all of a sudden i did .. this is the one thing i thought nowt about ..

i went through every other thing .. .. why cause were all , saying it must be somthing big .. well it wasnt it was just this..
    problems i had . (all at diff times i might add)

STARTING , RUNNING FAST , BAD IDLE (FAST AND SLOW) just about every thing.. i knew that the carbs were clean ect..
    all i am saying is if that cable is loose in the housing . do what i did .. i just got back and the bike has never run this good. ( i have had her for 10 years now).. when i got her only two cylenders were firing .

Comment

Not sure what this fix is supposed to do or remedy exactly. If your idle speed set screw is set right the idle shouldn't run too low, and if your throttle cable freeplay is set right then you shouldn't have issues with high idle when the throttle is released.

Comment

well

you can hve all these problems if it loose in the fitting ,, even by a little bit.
        i did now i dont have any problems what so ever. it real simple and thats why i over looked it..

Comment

I have a pretty good understanding of the english language but I have no clue what you are trying to say. Is english a second language for you?

Comment

Originally posted by marz View Post
            you can hve all these problems if it loose in the fitting ,, even by a little bit.
            i did now i dont have any problems what so ever. it real simple and thats why i over looked it..
            new cable is about 10 dollars :P

Comment

Thguys is using a penny to take the slack out of the joint between the tube and what it inserts into.

makes sense if this was wobbling youd get free play mine can be tightned with the knulred nut that hold it on though.

Comment

o.k.

i understand ..you lot dont ... alll is o.k. if i did not have a new cble if i didnt have any of the problems as i said. if i did up the knureled hand tightened nut .. and it was still moving around . then would you understand .. ?

ifr you dont read wot i wrote then how do you exoect to understand.
                i know my spelling isnt grt. i know my thoughts arent strait.. but i am trying to help here..
                so once again

if you have problems starting . running . fast or slow . idle or other check that the part i ptook a picture of is not loose.. if it is fix it. first before you start to f.. around with any thing else .. if the part wich you screw the 'knurled hand tight bit' is loose in the holder .. that is youre problem ..

further more a penny fix refers to the amount spent . not sticking a penny in or on or other wise... ( this is not a recoerd player im talking about .. its a life. )

Comment

p.s.

its a new cable... so dont even think of going there .. p.p.s.
                  it is a steel shaft end butt up against a aluminium holder .. it wears fast..

Comment

i understand ..you lot dont ... alll is o.k. if i did not have a new cble if i didnt have any of the problems as i said. if i did up the knureled hand tightened nut .. and it was still moving around . then would you understand .. ?

ifr you dont read wot i wrote then how do you exoect to understand.
                    i know my spelling isnt grt. i know my thoughts arent strait.. but i am trying to help here..
                    so once again

if you have problems starting . running . fast or slow . idle or other check that the part i ptook a picture of is not loose.. if it is fix it. first before you start to f.. around with any thing else .. if the part wich you screw the 'knurled hand tight bit' is loose in the holder .. that is youre problem ..

further more a penny fix refers to the amount spent . not sticking a penny in or on or other wise... ( this is not a recoerd player im talking about .. its a life. )
                    I tried to read and understand you but what you wrote doesn't make any sense.

this is not a recoerd player im talking about .. its a life
                    What the h*ll does this mean???

Please explain!

Comment

what the hell does this

well years before you were born .
                      we had a thing called a record.
                      if youre said record had a scratch.
                      we would put a penny on the stylus arm .
                      to keep the needle on the record..
                      get it got it good..

Comment

I don't believe it..you actually made sense.

I understood you perfectly but what does the penny on the stylus arm have to do with motorcycles?

Comment

get bent.. mean any thing?

Comment

There is a throttle slack adjuster where the throttle cable outer attaches to the carbs. At least on my GS. That is how you are supposed to do this.

Comment

get bent.. mean any thing?
                              Now..Now.. thats no way to talk

Comment

Working...
                              X