Brake parts cleaner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake parts cleaner question

What is everyone's favorite brake parts cleaner?
    The reason I ask is I bought a can of Advance Auto's brand and it doesn't evaporate. I sprayed some on the rear caliper and the next morning there was still liquid in the pan and it seemed oily. There was no oil on the caliper so as a test I cleaned the pan and sprayed some into the pan. Sure enough there was a puddle of oily stuff in the pan.

The CRC brand totally evaporates, so does Wal-Mart's Super Tech brand.
    I use those to clean my things that go BANG! with great results. Much cheaper than Gun Scrubber, too.

Stay away from the "green" cleaners and you will be fine. I buy the cheap Walmart stuff by the case.
    NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

I use the cheap stuff from Pep Boys. It works well, with no oily residue.

Comment

I used CRC, seems like good stuff.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have to agree the cheap Wally World stuff does the trick.

I'm with you on the bangsticks, Zook - makes cleanup on the 1911 a snap.

Comment

I use the cheapest I can find, that way I can really let rip, when I used an expensive can it was less effective, because I kept thinking how much I was using and how expensive it was

Comment

I worked at an oil change place and we used the CRC stuff like crazy. It was great.

Comment

Working...
              X