carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question

i just rebuilt my carbs on my 82 850 and i was wondering what screws to tune the carbs..... i am new to this so i need all the help i can get

Go to the tech help. What "tuning" do you want to do with these screws? The only screws your carbs have are in the front and adjust the pilot mixture. This effects the mixture while at idle. If you don't see a screw, they are under an aluminum cap which can be removed. If this is the case, you did not clean your carbs completely. Anyway, back them out 2 turns from lightly seated, start the bike and at idle, adjust them until you have the highest idle.

Comment

i have done that but in order to syncronise them any tips short of buying a syncroniser? sorry cant spell today

Comment

You can bench synchronize. that is to synchronize them off the bike so that the butterflies open up equally to eachother. Slip a small object in there (some recommend drill bits) and make sure they are all the same. That gets you in the ballpark. Also, find someone that has one!

Comment

Everything you need to know is here:

I totally dismantled my carbs, jetted, synch'd, everything - with the help of searching on this board and bikecliff's wonderful site.

Comment

this link should help: http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
            X