How to File a Paypal Complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a post to document how I filed a complaint about a seller that sent me two right hand down tubes for a header and then claimed that he "never said it would fit my bike". We'll I agreed, but the issue is that the pipe will not fit any bike. I created the pdf file at the link below and:

* Filed on Sunday
    * Was notified of acceptance on Monday
    * Ruling in my favor on Wed.
    * I was instructed and did ship the product back to seller
    * Received full Refund within 1 week of delivery (I had to pay for reverse shipping cost).

You need a strong case but, i was very impressed with the speed.

Here is a file I put together to file the complaint with the seller. My recommendation is to not provide this type of information to the seller as in the dispute, you don't want the seller to challenge your evidence and you want the seller to hopefully contradict something which you have direct evidence to support. Worked very well for me.

http://www.posplayr.100megsfree3.com/86_GSXR_1100/Gixxer_Two_Rights_Exhaust.pdf

Posplayr

Posplayr,
    I'm sure every GS rider on these pages at one time or another will trust in some seller to get that piece he or we need for our beloved GSor as in your case GSX-R.....and its a shem there are people out there that try to scam ...and its good to see you got what was rightfully yours.....I took a gamble this week I had bid on an item and won....when I got to looking the seller had a score of 67%scared crap outta me....he had about 2-3 sales and one fellow wasnt a happy camper....brought him down in that quick like....We'll see at least if I get dumped on it wont be for a lot....conversly if It goes through I'll come out way ahead.....ebay is a gamble...but on my latest project I got an exhaust for my GS850 OEM for about $200 and its on good shape....good luck on future ebay auctions...for us all.....
    Rodm850g

Comment

Hi Mr. posplayr,

You made your case most eloquently. It's great the dispute went in your favor. You left little chance for ebay's decision to be otherwise. Good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I've said this in other posts. Since this is a post directly about Paypal, please allow me to say it here. Ebay owns Paypal. I've had disputes from transactions that occurred on ebay and transactions that occurred off of ebay. I can tell you that the level of support that you get will be closely tied to your transaction choice. In other words, if you bought something off of ebay, they work very hard to help you out and to get it resolved. I expected this kind of service when I approached them with a dispute about something that i did not purchase on ebay. They were less than cordial and basically said that because I didn't purchase it on ebay,they couldn't help me. I never did get the refund, even though I had a pretty good paper trail showing that it was justified.

Comment

E-bay / Paypal

With my experience here and another where I also got a full refund, I am much more inclined to do a Ebay/Paypal transaction as there seems to be some pretty strong recourse.

I also did a paypal transaction with an online vendor (non-ebay) and they (paypal) simply said they agreed but could not recover the funds. The vendor is still in business today. i should jhave pursued it with teh CC company, but I let it slip.

Pos

Comment

Working...
          X