Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i get that little bit of gas out of the tank??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carefully clean a patch on the tank for an earth & attempt to weld up the holes for the badges ......... i gurantee you wont need a shave or haircut for a while

Its a joke boys & girls but i did see someone try it once

Comment

thanks for all your supreme knowledge , but the coat hanger with the rag is the way to go---remember this is tips and tricks section, not b#ll breaking 101, however it was quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by cromwell1234 View Post
        thanks for all your supreme knowledge , but the coat hanger with the rag is the way to go---remember this is tips and tricks section, not b#ll breaking 101, however it was quite funny.
        soak the rag in petrol first, then light it just before you shove it in to clean the tank. a long coat hanger is advisable
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          soak the rag in petrol first, then light it just before you shove it in to clean the tank. a long coat hanger is advisable

You're definitely a trouble maker aren't you?????? lol

<-- Agemax

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
            You're definitely a trouble maker aren't you?????? lol

<-- Agemax
            who........me? cant beat the smell of burning eyebrows in the morning!!!!!
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              who........me? cant beat the smell of burning eyebrows in the morning!!!!!

Back when I was younger, 12 I believe, I ended up lighting some things in a fire pit that had almost a full 5 gallons of gas poured on it. Needless to say, I know what burning eyebrows smell like. and burning eyelashes, nose hair, arm hair, etc... THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!!! lmao at least I had a hat on that kept almost all of my hair on my head ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
                Back when I was younger, 12 I believe, I ended up lighting some things in a fire pit that had almost a full 5 gallons of gas poured on it. Needless to say, I know what burning eyebrows smell like. and burning eyelashes, nose hair, arm hair, etc... THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!!! lmao at least I had a hat on that kept almost all of my hair on my head ok though.
                i aim to please, mr mighty haha
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Tank emblems

This brings up a question for me. Are the tank emblems held on with adhesives or pins, and if it's pins are they actually holes in the tank? What's the best way to remove and replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Phaseman View Post
                    This brings up a question for me. Are the tank emblems held on with adhesives or pins, and if it's pins are they actually holes in the tank? What's the best way to remove and replace?

screws, and there is reliefs built into the tank with inserts in there that have the threaded holes in them.

just unscrew them and replace like anything else that is held in place with screws

Comment

What a DOOF I am!

Wow! I didn't even look close enough to notice the screws.

Comment

it happens

Originally posted by Phaseman View Post
                        Wow! I didn't even look close enough to notice the screws.

Not a big deal. If you don't know, then you don't know! Might as well ask before tearing into something you have no idea about and possibly breaking something. The people on here don't mind answering the hard questions over and over so it's nice to see an easy one pop up everyone now and then!

Comment

Working...
                        X