Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 Suzuki GS1150 Paint Match

Sent this to Renobruce and thought someone else might benefit:

I've been off the forum for a while and busy with other things, particularly my @#$&^%! Jeep. I got my bike back from the shop yesterday after over a month of waiting and it is running better than ever. You might remember that I had a tip over some time ago, which left the fairing with a small scratched area and broke a bar end. Well today I got the registration caught up, bought new bar ends and went to Pep Boys in hopes of finding some touch-up paint that would at least cover the scratches and make them less noticeable.

After I walked in the store and made my way to the paint case I looked at the touch-up pens and tubes and saw nothing then I looked at the spray paint and immediately one caught my eye as the best possible match. I bought it without needing to double check the can cap against the bike and when I walked out I was blown away by just how much of a match the can top was to the paint on the bike.

I brought it home and prepped the area for a basic spray cover and this stuff matches the factory Suzuki paint on a 1984 GS1150ES damn near if not exactly. I plan on a light sanding and smoothing of the area and a respray rather then going to the body shop, that's how close this is. I can't see the difference. By the way, it is Bahama Blue by Duplicolor. ~Gene

Is this the blue color that comes on the two tone white and blue 83-86 550 E and ES models?

Comment

It looks the same in the pictures...

My bike has a metallic paint. Is the blue in yours the same?

Does it look like this?

Comment

Yes it's the one in my avatar, that's awesome on the color match i was going to put off my cosmetic resto because i thought i'd have to go to the body shop to match it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X