Best option for a for a fog free visor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best option for a for a fog free visor?

I have just replaced my 10 year old Shoei helmet, which had a Fog city insert on the visor.
    Does any one have any other tips,tricks or products that I could use on my new helmet stop it fogging up?

Cheers

Never done it but smearing dish washing liqward on the inside used to a trick att the Castrol 6 hr when it rained.

Comment

Try opening the visor a little so air can get in.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
        I have just replaced my 10 year old Shoei helmet, which had a Fog city insert on the visor.
        Does any one have any other tips,tricks or products that I could use on my new helmet stop it fogging up?

Cheers
        Regular old foam shaving cream works.

Comment

I believe Novus #1 is a anti static anti fog.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Toothpaste, dish soap, hand soap, shaving cream...pretty much if it's "soapy" it works great. Don't buy into the "purpose made anti-fog" stuff. Do it for free.

Comment

Probably the best option for a fog free visor would be moving to Hawaii or Tahiti. The roads might get a little boring though, but think how much you'll save on soap.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                Never done it but smearing dish washing liqward on the inside used to a trick att the Castrol 6 hr when it rained.
                Sharpy mate did you race in the 6 hr? Amaroo or Oran park?

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                Try opening the visor a little so air can get in.
                I wear contacts and hate having wind in my eyes

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                Regular old foam shaving cream works.
                Really!? hmm If only I had some, I havent shaved for a loong time lol

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                Toothpaste, dish soap, hand soap, shaving cream...pretty much if it's "soapy" it works great. Don't buy into the "purpose made anti-fog" stuff. Do it for free.
                ....I do wash and brush my teeth though, thanks for the tips.

Originally posted by isleoman View Post
                Probably the best option for a fog free visor would be moving to Hawaii or Tahiti. The roads might get a little boring though, but think how much you'll save on soap.
                also an option I had not considered, Thanks

Comment

Try these:
                  A potato just cut it open and rub it on, and rubbing a newspaper on there, there is iodine or something in the ink which prevents fog.

These are tricks from the olden days, apparently before soap was invented.

Don't know if they work, just Grandad wisdom handed down.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    Try these:
                    A potato just cut it open and rub it on, and rubbing a newspaper on there, there is iodine or something in the ink which prevents fog.

These are tricks from the olden days, apparently before soap was invented.

Don't know if they work, just Grandad wisdom handed down.
                    Good 'ol Grandpa! I was just gonna say use a newspaper to clean the inside of the visor. That's why pops uses the editorials to wipe the widows on the old Edsel.

Comment

You could also go hi-tech and install a heated visor. Check out the Snowmobile guys. They can hook you up.

Comment

never used one but they do sell a neoprene deal that blocks your breath. Hooks somehow to the chinbar. Don't know what they cost or how well they work though. My helmet has a rubber version built in. I have a kbc but forgot which model, force rr I believe but don't quote me.

Comment

I have a fog city insert in one of my helmets, but after a couple of years, it is covered in light scratches and actually provides very poor visibility. seems to be a magnet for anything that can cloud up my view. Didn't expect it to last forever...

Comment

Be careful with toothpaste, much of it is abrasive.

Comment

Have you thought about goggles? When I used to ride a lot in the winter (too much of a wimp now) that was my favourite, along with a balaclava and a scarf.
                              79 GS1000S
                              79 GS1000S (another one)
                              80 GSX750
                              80 GS550
                              80 CB650 cafe racer
                              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
                              X