No announcement yet.

My really cheep, I mean inexpensive, blast cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually there is a lot of air that passes through the sleeves that I'm using. it's enough to keep a mild suction but just barely. I also do wear gloves in the booth, I wear Nitrile ones with leather ones over them if I'm blasting something small. It doesn't keep my arms clean because the dust can settle through the sleeves.

remember to use a normal drill bit through the lexan... do not use Dewalt bits like this:
    OMNI Retail Group offers the first and only truly omnichannel, enterprise-proven, cloud-based solution for retailers & manufacturers that helps shoppers choose and purchase the perfect product based on their individual preferences.

because where these bits flatten out will catch and break the lexan... Check out my pics if you want to know how I know lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ALB80-850 View Post
      Psst... I did read that too, brain fart. My thinking is, with a port in the cabinet, you will be able to utilize all the vacume and have air movment through the cabinet. Your idea would work equally as well, not tryin to offend or slam the idea.

Andy
      No worries ... I didn't take it that way. Personally I'd do it your way, for exactly the reason you mentioned (full use of the vacuum).

Regards,

Comment

Nice work man.

This is what being a garage mechanic/body work/paint/custom worker is all about!!

I love it!!

Comment

I have a piece of plexi that is about 3'X4' I plan on using to build a cabinet big enough to put a frame in if I need to. I have a set of stock 350Z wheels I plan on blasting and polishing up to sell to help fund an engine build I need to get to work on.

Comment

Working...
          X