Gs iv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs iv

Yes thats a 1 Gal Hawaiian Punch plastic bottle that is giving life to my 85 GS700 for the first time this year !!! LOL All she needs now is to have the tank sealed useing POR 15 it (has small rust holes) and a new back tire (org has plenty of tred but has sidewall cracks) front is new replaced last year. Metzler Lazertec... want to stay with the same in the rear. Can't believe I just put some fuel in her and Vroom Vroom.. Will be on the rode soon. Oh yeah I put new EBC's fibers off of E-bay ($25.00 new what a deal) new (to me) front stainless brake lines I got off a salvage GS750 I found. Oil/Filter and lots of paint/polish !! Also a Ret/Reg I got off again e-bay for a 1000 Gs that seems to be working so far. Can't wait to ride ...

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
    Yes thats a 1 Gal Hawaiian Punch plastic bottle that is giving life to my 85 GS700 for the first time this year !!! LOL All she needs now is to have the tank sealed useing POR 15 it (has small rust holes) and a new back tire (org has plenty of tred but has sidewall cracks) front is new replaced last year. Metzler Lazertec... want to stay with the same in the rear. Can't believe I just put some fuel in her and Vroom Vroom.. Will be on the rode soon. Oh yeah I put new EBC's fibers off of E-bay ($25.00 new what a deal) new (to me) front stainless brake lines I got off a salvage GS750 I found. Oil/Filter and lots of paint/polish !! Also a Ret/Reg I got off again e-bay for a 1000 Gs that seems to be working so far. Can't wait to ride ...
    Very beautiful bike, hope you don't burn it down.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I used a plastic 1 quart oil can the other day. i drilled a hole in the bottom of it the same size as the fuel line. It didn't leak and was good enough for a 5 min test run on my gsxr. American ingenuity.

Comment

This reminds me of my friend's old Mercury Lynx. It would puke oil out of the vent hose. He got sick of buying oil for it and installed a longer hose with a 1 qt bottle at the end. Every day he would just empty the bottle back into the engine. Brilliant!

Comment

I plan on using my snowblowers fuel tank for this - or my lawnmowers tank... it'll probably be that long before I'm ready to fire it.
          Flat bottomed 1/2 gallon tank with a hose already on it.

Er, maybe just the whole derned chainsaw!

Comment

Nice job, she looks very good.

Comment

Iv

Sportingforless has IV bottles on Fleabay for $19.50, plus shipping.

My shop and my bikes are worth a heck of a lot more than $30.00 to me.

Comment

I use my tank and a 2x4 and lay it accross the frame.
                Or I put it on my trash can.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X