aftermarket exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermarket exhaust!

my bike(GS550L) says not to switch them out, but i want a little more. so i was wondering what you all used instead?

thanks!

If you are looking for a 4/1 exhaust, Vance and Hines may be one of the few who still make one(check on line with Dennis Kirk) or you could try E Bay.
    Someone with an "L" would likely have better info.

1978 GS1000C
    1979 GS1000E
    1980 GS1000E
    2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by GrantC82GS View Post
      my bike(GS550L) says not to switch them out, but i want a little more. so i was wondering what you all used instead?

thanks!
      What year? The '83-'86 use a different exhaust than the older ones.

It is also almost impossible to find an aftermarket exhaust for the newer model.
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

its an 82 and a 4/1 would be cool, but it doesnt really matter

Comment

my bike(GS550L) says not to switch them out
          Really.. Did your bike tell you that

Comment

yes......yes it did. it says right on the exhaust hah

Comment

Originally posted by GrantC82GS View Post
              yes......yes it did. it says right on the exhaust hah
              doesn't that just say don't remove the baffle or modify the exhaust?
              1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

well i dont know ill double check and let you know.

Comment

Check on MAC exhaust systems. I know they still offer 4 into 2 sytems for Suzuki as well as a 4 into 1. I can't remember pricing exactly but the 4 into 2 price hovers around $375 plus shipping. The chrome megaphone style maybe only style available.

Comment

I have never used these slip on mufflers from jc whitney but they carry positive reviews. They are the least exspensive I have found but still carry the vintage look for dual exhaust. Thought I would share...
                    Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Comment

Originally posted by bothebrave View Post
                      I have never used these slip on mufflers from jc whitney but they carry positive reviews. They are the least exspensive I have found but still carry the vintage look for dual exhaust. Thought I would share...
                      http://www.jcwhitney.com/DUNSTALL-ST...4658_10111.jcw
                      Nice looking muffler. It sure does look like the closest thing to stock . I may have to try these as I don't care for the look of the mac turn-outs. I wonder what the sound is like. Anybody tried these?
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                        Nice looking muffler. It sure does look like the closest thing to stock . I may have to try these as I don't care for the look of the mac turn-outs. I wonder what the sound is like. Anybody tried these?

The thing that is most appealing about these slips ons, besides the price, are the removable baffles. Like alke46 it would be nice to get real input on these pipes. Another concern I have is buying from JC Whitney, I have heard their customer service isn't always the best....

Comment

Originally posted by bothebrave View Post
                          http://www.jcwhitney.com/DUNSTALL-ST...4658_10111.jcw
                          If theyŕe the same as the ones I had on my 650, theyŕe pretty good value IMHO. I think they´re Chinese. The shop had put them on when I bought my bike used from them in ´89. I finally changed them in 2001 or so, because I was having trouble keeping the seal in the joint to the header pipes. For the price, they served for 12 years on my bike, and went 50,000 km (31,000 miles). Not bad for a hundred bucks. I switched over to a MAC 4 into 1, as it was the only company that makes one for the 650. It´s been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                            If theyŕe the same as the ones I had on my 650, theyŕe pretty good value IMHO. I think they´re Chinese. The shop had put them on when I bought my bike used from them in ´89. I finally changed them in 2001 or so, because I was having trouble keeping the seal in the joint to the header pipes. For the price, they served for 12 years on my bike, and went 50,000 km (31,000 miles). Not bad for a hundred bucks. I switched over to a MAC 4 into 1, as it was the only company that makes one for the 650. It´s been fine.
                            thanks for the info! I think I will try them out...when I do I will post my findings....

Comment

Working...
                            X