X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok where is the 1/4 throttle mod located? i would like to try it for myself

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
      ok where is the 1/4 throttle mod located? i would like to try it for myself
      Look here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=135697&page=3
      I did it, I like it!

Comment

Even though I did the throttle mod, I still feel as though I'm trying to reel in a sturgeon at 30 knots. Has anyone experimented with a different throttle spring?

Comment

After 10 years of drafting at a computer 8 hours, and playing video games 4-8 hours a night, I started to develop symptoms of carpel tunnel. I switched from a mouse to a trackball at work and at home, and don't have any symptoms anymore. I may still develop them when I'm older.

If you don't sit at a computer all day, this post is totally pointless. But maybe there is someone else reading that may benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Learning to controll the throttle with just the muscles between your thumb and forefinger (the crook of your closed hand) goes a long way toward a lot of things. For one, it helps you to learn more precise throttle control, which is important when seriously blasting corners. It also leaves your fingers free to quickly get to the brake lever should you need to. These are just things that ive found that works for me, YMMV.
            It's also good for blipping the throttle while changing down while braking (even hard braking).

I find when I notice my fingers getting numb, I invariably observe that I'm gripping the bars a bit hard and when I relax my grip and/or flex (grip, loosen, grip, loosen..etc) then relax, it's all good.

Comment

teeth rattler

best true thing -i can think of is a balaced motor, crank ,pisons,and rods
              my 750 is bad , it makes my hands numb worse than my honda cr500 dirt bike, (2strke)!!, its terrible i was wondering if it was a 16 valve motor thing, cause the 2 valvers didnt vibrate that much! (perhaps the higher rpms on these,with out a factory balance??)
              if i big bore mine i wil chk the crank,and have it balanced and let you all know, i dont have the bar ends in either, but none of my other bikes were this bad with out them

Comment

Qwi Gloves

Hi,

For those of you who find it necessary, a pair of Qwi gloves may help.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by geisterfahrer View Post
                  I have had some success using the CrampBuster. It helps me relax my hand instead of gripping hard. It does take a little getting used to, though, and can actually be somewhat inconvenient when you have to do a lot of on/off throttle work in traffic.
                  I got one of these for my CB750C, which had a very tight throttle. It made a world of difference, especially on the highway. I have mine set to sit in the palm of my hand, and I have total control over the throttle even when I'm just resting my hand on it and not gripping at all (usually I do grip it, but sometimes you just have to stretch).

I just swapped it over to my GS1100L. We'll see how it works there. I know that despite the much lighter throttle of the GS, I missed it on the hour ride home yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                    Hi,

For those of you who find it necessary, a pair of Qwi gloves may help.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                    Thats pretty neat. Id be interested to see how well they actually work. Its a shame they dont offer this in a FOR REAL, armoured MC glove, tho the gauntlet they have available isnt too bad I suppose...

Comment

When I want my crampbuster to be "off" as in not in the way, I rotate it 3/4 forward over the grip until it points straight down.

When I need to use it again .. 1/4 turn sets it in place again.

Takes a few times to get used to doing it, but is second nature to me now.

Originally posted by geisterfahrer View Post
                      I have had some success using the CrampBuster. It helps me relax my hand instead of gripping hard. It does take a little getting used to, though, and can actually be somewhat inconvenient when you have to do a lot of on/off throttle work in traffic.

Comment

I'm finding that my throttle rocker, aka crampbuster, puts pressure on just the worst spot on the wrist to aggravate my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This is especially a challenge on long rides.

I just installed posplayer's pvc throttle mod. Popped right on in just about 10 minutes. No binding, and no cable adjustment needed. It makes a HUGE difference! I get all the throttle I need with just a little pressure on the throttle rocker, in all gears.

That little gizmo works! Thanks posplayer!

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post

DING DING DING!!!! Give that man the prize. I can't believe no one else has mentioned it (except Tone, a little).

Handlebar buzz will give you 'white knuckle' within about 10 minutes. You won't even realise it's doing it. Tune the bike, balance the carbs, adjust the valves etc and most of it will go away. If you also fit some type of anti-vibration 'thing' to your bars you'll find it gets a lot better.

I personally like the 'lead shot inside the bars' myself. Do a search using the words lead shot (or leadshot) and you'll find whole threads on this subject.

Comment

I also noticed a drop in vibration after Terry (HeadsBikesMopars) ported by head; he is anal about matching flow between cylinders

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
                              my 750 is bad , it makes my hands numb worse than my honda cr500 dirt bike, (2strke)!!, its terrible i was wondering if it was a 16 valve motor thing, cause the 2 valvers didnt vibrate that much! (perhaps the higher rpms on these,with out a factory balance??)
                              if i big bore mine i wil chk the crank,and have it balanced and let you all know, i dont have the bar ends in either, but none of my other bikes were this bad with out them
                              Yes my kit has problems. Lousy compression in #3. The head is coming off this winter, and I will meticulously install my 850 jugs and pistons. I'm looking into head work as well...

Comment

I have the same problem and my doctor has done the tests confirming carpel tunnel in my right hand.

My experience with power tools has demonstrated to me the feel of vibration induced numbness and I think it feels much different than the problem I have when riding. When I ride, my thumb, forefinger and middle finger go numb and the problem continues to get worse and worse until I nearly can't reach for the brake and have to take a break.

I picked up a set of vibration gloves with gel inserts across my palm and the inside of my fingers and they turned out to make it even worse.

I think there is a combination at work. CV carbs use a heavy return spring because they are a single cable system instead of the push-pull system on direct pull carbs. That means you have to hold tighter to keep the throttle open. The pressure on the palm irritates the nerve and the fingers go numb. I really think BassCliff is on to something with the gloves he posted.
                                That combined with big, soft grips and a quicker throttle may help.

At least thats the direction I intend to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X